June is lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBTQ) Pride Month to honor the 1969 Stonewall riots and work to achieve equal justice and equal opportunity for the LGBTQ community. In June of 1969, patrons and supporters of the Stonewall Inn in New York City staged an uprising to resist the police harassment, and persecution LGBT Americans were commonly subjected to. This uprising marks the beginning of a movement to outlaw discriminatory laws and practices against LGBT Americans. 2022 marks the 53rd anniversary of the June 1969 Stonewall Riots. This year is also the 30th Anniversary of Christopher Street Day (CSD) Frankfurt.
The Frankfurt Chapter and the Wiesbaden-Mainz Chapter will be setting up an information stand for the duration of the event and walking in the CSD Parade on Saturday to show our support.
Come help us find Americans living overseas and get them to help us with next year's voting efforts! We'll need help on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday times to be determined. We will also need people to walk in the parade.
Further details will follow. Please RSVP to the event if you’re interested in attending, and you will receive the link to the signup sheet.
Join Democrats Abroad on Saturday, 17 July, as we take to the streets to celebrate love and pride!
- 11:30 Meet up and get ready for the start. Stay posted for exact meet-up information.
- 12:10 Official Opening of the 2022 CSD.
- 12:30 is the official start of the parade.
- Bring your friends and family. This is a serious cause but a really fun event! Be colorful, be celebratory, and just be yourself.
- It would be good to bring your own water and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- If you RSVP, you will be informed of the latest information.
This event is so much fun, so come on out and be a part of it!
Frankfurt am Main 60311
Google map and directions