The following NAACP scholarships are now open:
1- The Agnes Jones Jackson Scholarship
- Applicant must be a current member of the NAACP
- Scholarship amount: twenty (20) to forty (40) scholarships available. Maximum scholarship amount is $2,000.00.
2- The Hubertus W.V. Willems Scholarship for male students
- Applicant must be a male majoring in one of the following fields: Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematical Sciences.
- NAACP membership and participation are highly desirable.
- Scholarship amount: twenty (20) to forty (40) Scholarships available.
- Maximum scholarship award is $3,000.00.
3- The James Weldon Johnson Scholarship of the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity
- Applicant must compose a 500-750 word essay that addresses how the life and legacy of James Weldon Johnson has impacted them, OR
- Compose a 500 – 750-word analysis of “Lift Every Voice and Sing”,
- Scholarship amount: seven (7) scholarships worth $3,000 each, available annually.
- One (1) recipient per NAACP region
The scholarship application forms are available at https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=pfscholar
Application submission deadline: July 17th, 2020
As a general rule, applicants to any of the three (3) NAACP scholarships listed above MUST:
- Be US citizens
- Not have reached the age of 25 by the application deadline
- Be currently enrolled in or accepted by an accredited college or university in the United States
- Must demonstrate financial need based on the federal poverty guidelines (Click here to see guidelines).
For Graduating High School Seniors and Undergraduate Students
o Must be a full-time student
o Must possess a grade point average of 2.5 (C+) on a 4.0 system
For Graduate Students
o May be a full or part-time student.
o Must possess a 3.0 (B) average on a 4.0 system.