Adrianne George rsvped for Meet Global Delegate candidates! (and a few more DNC Member candidates) 2020-06-01 16:22:53 -0400
Candidates, global electors and observers are invited to an all candidates forum on Thursday, June 4, 7:30 am - 10:00 am ET (DC time), courtesy of the Progressive Caucus.
The first half hour will feature DNC candidates, with preference to those who were not at proDA’s DNC Member candidate forum on May 31 (forum recording here).
Then from 8-10, candidates to be delegates to the Democratic National Convention will have a chance to make opening statements (60-90 seconds); respond to attendee questions (40-60 seconds), and make closing statements (40-60 seconds). Response times could be shorter depending on the number of candidates attending. We will strive for a well-moderated informal opportunity for candidates to be heard.
After signing in, attendees are asked to ‘rename’ to indicate their role, such as “Minnie Mouse (candidate; Sanders)”, “Daffy Duck (observer)”, or “First, Last (elector).” This will help us identify candidates and ensure all get ample time to speak. We ask observers to refrain from speaking or writing in the chat, to keep the event moving along; we will designate a contact that you can chat privately with if you need to contact an organizer of the event.
**CANDIDATES/ELECTORS: This forum will be simultaneously broadcast via facebook live; and the recording will be featured on the Progressive Caucus website.**
Topic: proDA Global Candidates Town Hall
Time: Jun 4, 2020 07:30 Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/93715745996?pwd=Z0NYOUZsSlNObitNSFBZa2lrYmhOUT09
TIME ZONE REFERENCES:
Vancouver 04:30 AM Washington DC 07:30 AM Paris 1:30 PM Hong Kong 7:30 PMWHENJune 04, 2020 at 7:30amWHEREZoom - ONLINE
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”
― Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from the Birmingham Jail, 16 April 1963
The time has come to stand up and testify against the institutionalized racism embedded in the power structures of the United States. The Democrats Abroad Global Black Caucus invites you to join us on a call.
During the vigil, our members and allies will be able to step up and raise their voices against the atrocities happening in the United States right now. Special guests include Nina Turner, Virgie Rollins, Michael Blake, Kelly Hall-Tompkins and Akilah Ensley.
We have reached our webinar capacity but will be running the call on Facebook live as well! Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DemsAbroad at 1pm Eastern Time today.
If you cannot join the call, consider joining our virtual vigil. Print this poster (or make your own sign), take a picture of yourself with it and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, then post it to your twitter, facebook or instagram page (tag us at @demsabroad and we'll reshare!). This is a rolling action and we'll keep adding pictures to our vigil page as we receive images through the week.
For more graphics, visit our Black Lives Matter Vigil Shareable Graphics page.
You are not alone.
Location Local Event Start Time Vancouver, Canada 10:00 PDT Washington DC, USA 13:00 EDT London, United Kingdom 18:00 BST Frankfurt, Germany 19:00 CEST Athens, Greece 20:00 EEST Dubai, United Arab Emirates 21:00 GST Beijing, China 01:00 CST* Fiji 06:00 FJST*
Our webinar license allows for up to 1000 participants, so space is limited and first come first served.
If zoom webinar is full, you can join via facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DemsAbroad/WHENJune 02, 2020 at 1pm
Adrianne George published Adrianne George - DNC Member Candidate in 2020-2024 DNC Candidate Statements 2020-05-02 09:16:16 -0400
I would be honored to be re-elected to represent you on the Democratic National Committee (DNC). I will continue building relationships with fellow DNC members, telling your stories, explaining how we elect Democrats in every State. Simultaneously, I worked within Democrats Abroad (DA) as the former Global Caucus leader, former Global Volunteers leader, and am on our Affirmative Action Committee and Sweden’s Black Caucus Chair. My mission is to keep you up-to-date by sharing news from the DNC via the leadership listserv, our DA wiki, and my Facebook page. During the DNC meetings, I attend the Black, Midwestern, Military Veterans & Families and Women’s meetings and belong to the Disability, Rural, and Senior Caucuses.
I couldn’t have done any of this without your belief in me and my husband’s support. I thank you and hope that you and yours will stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.
Adrianne George posted about 2017 Meeting Checkout on Facebook 2017-04-26 11:32:28 -0400Just registered for the Democrats Abroad 2017 Global Meeting.
Adrianne George posted about DA Fundraiser with Pete Buttigieg Webinar on Facebook 2017-04-01 05:37:28 -0400Attending today's Webinar with Mayor Pete Buttigieg, South Bend, Indiana & former DNC Chair candidate.
Please join us for an online broadcast with Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana, the keynote speaker at the Democrats Abroad fundraiser in Berlin.
This is a great opportunity to come together to show support for Democrats Abroad and to raise funds for our global Get Out the Vote efforts in 2017 and 2018 targeted at the 9 million Americans living overseas.
Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 8 PM CET (2 PM EDT)
Mayor Pete Buttigieg with Democrats Abroad DNC members in Atlanta.
This year, Pete campaigned for Chair of the DNC and made quite an impression with party leaders, DNC members, grassroots activists, and the press. His extensive background at home in the US and abroad as a Rhodes Scholar and a Naval Officer in Afghanistan has earned the respect and appreciation of Democrats Abroad and we're glad to have a chance to host him in Berlin.
Democrats Abroad invites you to get to know Mayor Pete and contribute toward DA's global get out the vote initiatives. So please join the Mayor by signing up for the online broadcast of the event below.Donate
Adrianne George posted about Women's March on Washington Dinner January 21 on Facebook 2017-01-14 15:27:25 -0500Just booked my seat at @DemsAbroad dinner in Wash DC following the Women's March in DC next Saturday? You coming too?
Sorry, the Democrats Abroad dinner at the Women's March on Washington is now SOLD OUT. But you can still march with other members of Democrats Abroad. They'll be meeting at Eastern Market between 8-8:30 AM - look for the blue ponchos.
If you want to support Democrats Abroad advocacy efforts and the Women's Caucus, click here to go to www.democratsabroad.org/donate and select "Support the Women's Caucus" in the Contribution Purpose drop-down menu.
Any problems, contact Art Schankler at email@example.com.Donate
Make a donation using the form on the left or join our sustaining donors Margin of Victory Club.
Are you interested in joining the Democrats Abroad Margin of Victory Club and making a monthly donation? Would you like to use Paypal to make a donation? Contribute to Democrats Abroad through ActBlue.
Every dollar you give supports our work to elect Democrats who will fight - AND FIGHT BACK - to make a better life for ALL Americans. Join us by making a donation today.
Julia Bryan, Chair - Democrats Abroad
We need Democrats like you to commit to Democrats Abroad - your Democratic Party for overseas Americans. Contribute to Democrats Abroad today and help us fight back against the Trump agenda, register Americans all over the world for upcoming elections, reach out on issues that concern you and build a brighter future for our country and the world. With your help, we can make the difference. We did it all over the country in 2018! And we will make the difference in 2020!
If you are unable to contribute online, send us a US Dollar check with this form to the following address.
PO Box 15130
Washington DC 20003
Thank you for your support!
On-line credit card contributions made to Democrats Abroad are secure, encrypted transactions made via Stripe.
Donations to Democrats Abroad are not tax-deductible.Donate
Adrianne George donated 2016-04-17 10:46:22 -0400
You are almost to Berlin! Please input your payment info and the names of any additional registrants you are paying for. If you have any questions please email International Treasurer, Art Schankler Treasurer@DemocratsAbroad.org .Donate
2016-2020 Democrats Abroad DNC Member
Hejsan from Western Sweden!
During the past 4 years, I worked within Democrats Abroad (DA) as the Global Caucus leader, Global Volunteers leader, as a member of the Global Black Caucus Steering Committee, and am currently on our Affirmative Action Committee and is Sweden’s Black Caucus Chair.
My mission is to be the storyteller for our DA team. At meetings, I make sure to meet as many people as possible and share the story of DA - who we are, and how we can work with their state. I also work to keep DA up-to-date by sharing news from the DNC via the leadership listserv. Other channels I use are our DA wiki and my Facebook page. If you are looking for information that you can't find about the DNC, ask me! I am never deterred and am happy to reach back to the DNC whenever asked. I started an Instagram account to share posts from our Country Committees to the expat community and the Democratic Party. I made a request of every country committee leader on our listserve to submit the email address for their communications team to sign them up directly with the DNC to receive news bulletins.
In 4 years, I have never missed an in-person DNC meeting and attend the Black, Midwestern, Military Veterans & Families and Women’s Caucus/Council meetings and belongs to the Disability, Rural, and Senior Caucuses too. Those meetings are excellent opportunities to share the work we are doing to elect Democrats in every election, relay your stories in an effort to get legislation changed at the State level, for example, that prevents some of us from voting, that requires us to sign up for selective service or prevents us from banking in our adopted countries.
Being a DNC Member for Democrats Abroad has never been about me, but about us. I have helped obtain speakers for country-level and global events, get VoteFromAbroad.org listed on State Party websites, and the work of our Global Black Caucus included in the DNC Black Caucus newsletter. I couldn’t have done any of this without your belief in her and her husband’s support.
I hope that you and yours will stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Adrianne's DNC Community Endorsements: https://www.facebook.com/notes/adrianne-george-2016-2020-dnc-member-2012-emea-delegate/my-re-election-endorsements-from-dnc-colleagues-17-may-2020/3361434573880868/
Watch Adrianne's Candidate Videos:
Information about what Adrianne has done as DNC Member in her last term:
>DNC Attendance: https://www.facebook.com/notes/adrianne-george-2016-2020-dnc-member-2012-emea-delegate/ive-been-busy/3268340493190277/
DA DNC Wiki Page: https://wiki.democratsabroad.org/display/DNCdocs
>Adrianne's DNC Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AdrianneGeorgeDADNC/
>Adrianne's DA Roles: https://www.facebook.com/notes/adrianne-george-2016-2020-dnc-member-2012-emea-delegate/democrats-abroad-global-and-sweden-volunteer-roles/3351222044902121/
>Find me on Instagram: @agonthednc