Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.
Adrianne George posted about 2017 Meeting Checkout on Facebook 2017-04-26 11:32:28 -0400Just registered for the Democrats Abroad 2017 Global Meeting.
Adrianne George posted about DA Fundraiser with Pete Buttigieg Webinar on Facebook 2017-04-01 05:37:28 -0400Attending today's Webinar with Mayor Pete Buttigieg, South Bend, Indiana & former DNC Chair candidate.
Please join us for an online broadcast with Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana, the keynote speaker at the Democrats Abroad fundraiser in Berlin.
This is a great opportunity to come together to show support for Democrats Abroad and to raise funds for our global Get Out the Vote efforts in 2017 and 2018 targeted at the 9 million Americans living overseas.
Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 8 PM CET (2 PM EDT)
Mayor Pete Buttigieg with Democrats Abroad DNC members in Atlanta.
This year, Pete campaigned for Chair of the DNC and made quite an impression with party leaders, DNC members, grassroots activists, and the press. His extensive background at home in the US and abroad as a Rhodes Scholar and a Naval Officer in Afghanistan has earned the respect and appreciation of Democrats Abroad and we're glad to have a chance to host him in Berlin.
Democrats Abroad invites you to get to know Mayor Pete and contribute toward DA's global get out the vote initiatives. So please join the Mayor by signing up for the online broadcast of the event below.Donate
Adrianne George posted about Women's March on Washington Dinner January 21 on Facebook 2017-01-14 15:27:25 -0500Just booked my seat at @DemsAbroad dinner in Wash DC following the Women's March in DC next Saturday? You coming too?
Sorry, the Democrats Abroad dinner at the Women's March on Washington is now SOLD OUT. But you can still march with other members of Democrats Abroad. They'll be meeting at Eastern Market between 8-8:30 AM - look for the blue ponchos.
If you want to support Democrats Abroad advocacy efforts and the Women's Caucus, click here to go to www.democratsabroad.org/donate and select "Support the Women's Caucus" in the Contribution Purpose drop-down menu.
Any problems, contact Art Schankler at firstname.lastname@example.org.Donate
Adrianne George posted about Donate on Facebook 2016-08-21 07:51:33 -0400Just made a donation to @DemsAbroad to support phone banking with CallHub. We want to call ALL of our members to vote.
Make a donation here or sponsor one of our projects through our Give to Win program.
Every dollar you give supports our work to elect Democrats who will fight - AND FIGHT BACK - to make a better life for ALL Americans. Join us by making a donation today.
Julia Bryan, Chair - Democrats Abroad
We need Democrats like you to commit to Democrats Abroad - your Democratic Party for overseas Americans. Contribute to Democrats Abroad today and help us fight back against the Trump agenda, register Americans all over the world for upcoming elections, reach out on issues that concern you and build a brighter future for our country and the world. With your help, we can make the difference. We did it in Alabama in 2017 - and we can do it all over the country in 2018!
PO Box 15130
Washington DC 20003
On-line credit card contributions made to Democrats Abroad are secure, encrypted transactions made via Stripe.Donate
Adrianne George donated 2016-04-17 10:46:22 -0400
You are almost to Berlin! Please input your payment info and the names of any additional registrants you are paying for. If you have any questions please email International Treasurer, Art Schankler Treasurer@DemocratsAbroad.org .Donate
Democrats Abroad Global Volunteer Coordinator
I first learned of Democrats Abroad while living in Brussels during the Kerry/Bush election. When I moved to Halmstad, Sweden in 2006, I contacted the DA-Sweden chair in Stockholm to learn if there was a chapter near me. There wasn’t, so I seized the opportunity to form a chapter in Halland, and am thrilled that ten years later, it was the site of a 2016 Global Presidential Primary Voting Center.
In 2008 I was elected to the Sweden Country Committee, serving as Outreach Chair, and was elected Treasurer in 2013. During that time, I was also fortunate to serve twice on the International Nominations and Elections Committees (in 2013 and 2015), on the Door Knock Committee in 2014, and to be a Democrats Abroad Delegate from EMEA to the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte (http://bit.ly/1Nj2BB1). I am currently DA’s Global Volunteer Coordinator as of 2015.