There are many things you can do to help get out the word and help other Americans vote. Below is a short list of things you can do to help. If you have any ideas, please send them to [email protected].
Here are some ways to help us Get Out The Vote (GOTV)!
- Overseas voters, please request your absentee ballot early at www.votefromabroad.org. Ask for your ballot to be delivered by email. If you are an overseas voter and are not registered to vote, your ballot request is your voter registration. Check your state's deadline at www.votefromabroad.org/states.
Remind your friends and family in the U.S. to register to vote: https://iwillvote.com/. They can also verify that they are registered at this link and make sure they have not been purged.
- Are there other U.S. citizens at your company, organization, language school, or social group? Tell them about www.votefromabroad.org! Would you like us to host a virtual Vote from Abroad registration event for them? Get in touch with your chapter chair or Germany’s GOTV Coordinator at [email protected].
- Ask organizations or clubs with U.S. citizens if they will add a reminder about voting to their newsletter or website (e.g., business or professional clubs, fraternities or sororities, language schools, religious groups). Here is a sample announcement:
Announcement: For U.S. citizens regarding absentee voting
This is a reminder that all U.S. citizens living abroad must request their absentee ballot in order to vote! You can do this at www.VotefromAbroad.org, a non-partisan voter registration and ballot request assistance platform that helps American citizens register for upcoming elections. This website also offers a voter help desk, where experts can answer any of your specific questions. Thank you and happy voting!
- Add a PowerPoint slide about voting to your meeting (or ask an organization to add it to theirs!): https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vc9t1uiQxA9g8DcvFkRHmwY_VQeR91L2gng6jw9mDiM/edit?usp=sharing
- Get involved in phonebanking: We need you to help us reach Americans in Germany and beyond!
Sign up for phonebanking: https://www.democratsabroad.org/de_phonebanking
- Do you have questions about how to vote from abroad? Are you a Democrats Abroad volunteer helping others and want to familiarize yourself with the ins-and-outs of overseas voting? Join us for a voting info session and Q&A that will walk you through the entire process
- Have you already taken our voter assistance training? Let us know that you want to help with voter assistance by completing this quick form: https://forms.gle/seu3cwuqzXs2osMM8
- Are you active on social media? Join our Social Media Warriors to spread the word about voting by signing up here: https://forms.gle/stNrkeUbheqtgrDn9
- Reach out to your personal network with a text about voting and use our shareable graphics to spread the word about voting. Here's a sample:
Hey there! I hope you are doing well. At the beginning of 2020, I made a resolution to share voter registration info. with all of my American expat friends 🇺🇸 If you haven’t registered to vote before and/or requested your absentee ballot yet (something you should do every year), you can do so at this website: www.votefromabroad.org. (The website is non-partisan.) It’s really easy to use, and they have an online Help Desk if you have any questions. I’m also happy to answer any voter questions you may have. Contrary to many myths about overseas ballots, your vote can and often does make a difference! Thank you and happy voting!
- If you feel comfortable and are able to follow all health guidelines in your area, hang up a VFA flyer/tear-off sheet in places where Americans might see them. Request paper materials here (free of charge).
- Volunteer with Democrats Abroad Germany or Democrats Abroad Global.
- Become a VFA Voting Champion! Taking to your friends is the most important thing you can do to spread the word and make a difference. Learn more.
- Make an impact with just €5 Donate to Democrats Abroad Germany to help bolster our outreach efforts!
Follow us on social media and like, comment, and share our posts!
Thank you for helping us ensure that overseas voters have their voices heard! Questions? Please email [email protected]