We hope you will consider participating in the Women’s March on Washington on January 21 at locations around the world. We've included here some guidance offered by DA's leadership, to keep in mind when participating in or planning demonstrations of any kind of protest marches and vigils.
Here are some general Dos and Don’ts for vigils, marches and demonstrations:
- Stay positive and focus on the values and policies we support.
- Thank President Obama for his efforts and accomplishments.
- Follow the lead of Obama, Clinton and the DNC and accept the results of the election.
- Point out that as loyal opposition we will stand firm, keep fighting for our values and common sense policies and prevent implementation of policies harmful to USA or the world.
- Hold Republicans accountable as they are now responsible to govern.
- Start planning to win back Congress in 2018 and the White House in 2020.
- Focus on anti-Trump.
- Question the legality of the election.
- Endorse local political parties or candidates in your country of residence.
Questions: Please feel free to ask for specific guidance as you think through any unique situations or complexities: email Julia Bryan at [email protected].