About the Position
Democrats Abroad (DA) was the margin of victory for Joe Biden in Georgia and Arizona, and we’re determined to continue delivering scale-tipping votes in races across the United States in 2022 and beyond. The Americas GOTV Coordinator will work to mobilize overseas voters and move the needle for Democrats in the midterms. A successful Americas GOTV Coordinator should have knowledge of both DA and the U.S. voting constituency abroad, as well as strong management and communication skills, to ultimately drive ballot requests and returns among the larger U.S. population abroad in the Americas Region.
Together with GOTV Coordinators from the Asia-Pacific and Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Regions, as well as with input from local leaders and the International Executive Committee, the Americas GOTV Coordinator will focus exclusively on developing and implementing projects designed to reach and register overseas voters. With each DA Region’s unique potential and challenges in mind, all GOTV Coordinators will execute DA’s 2022 global GOTV strategic plan and support DA country committees in their national-level voter outreach efforts.
- Meet regularly with the other two Regional GOTV Coordinators (Asia-Pacific and EMEA) to monitor progress and identify emerging needs and opportunities
- Analyze 2018 and 2020 overseas voting data, as well as data on the size and location of the U.S. citizen population in the Americas region, to identify key areas for growth and to set measurable goals for 2022
- Contribute to 2022 global GOTV strategic plan through the lens of the Americas region
- In coordination with the Americas Regional Vice Chair, motivate and work with leaders in the Americas region to successfully implement the 2022 global GOTV strategic plan
- Distribute information, templates, and know-how from the Global GOTV Team to country-level organizers
- Organize and lead regular GOTV check-in meetings for leaders in the Americas region, especially country-level GOTV Coordinators
- Track and report on quantitative metrics to the International Executive Committee and to leaders in the Americas region
- Following the midterms, conduct a final assessment of the 2022 GOTV strategic plan that documents lessons learned and suggests improvements for future plans
Skills & Qualifications
- Commitment to helping DA, the Democratic Party, and Democratic candidates succeed
- Member of Democrats Abroad in the Americas region (or U.S.-based Americas region alum) (join here)
- Understanding of DA’s organizational structure, especially at the regional and country levels
- Deep first-hand knowledge of the U.S. voting constituency abroad, as well as of issues unique to overseas voters, especially in the Americas region
- Familiarity with get-out-the-vote tools, tactics, and technologies
- Ability to generate innovative ideas to reach more overseas voters in the Americas region, as well as to motivate and oversee teams that see these through
- Ability to track and interpret statistical data
- Ability to break down complex information and clearly communicate essential points to a larger audience
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple time zones
- Previous GOTV and/or campaign experience advantageous
Estimated Time Commitment: 20 hours per week in 2022, with understanding that hours will likely need to increase in peak campaign months (July-October 2022).
Language: English (Spanish-language skills advantageous but not required)
Start Date: Flexible
End Date: May 2023
Compensation: Unpaid (but tremendously rewarding!)
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your vision and qualifications for the role in PDF format to [email protected].
Democrats Abroad is committed to the values and practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, with opportunities to provide and the ability to take feedback and learn. It is our policy to recruit, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, pregnancy, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, disability, or any other legally protected basis.