Democrats Abroad Switzerland will hold our 2020 Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, June 24, 2020, from 7 - 10 PM via WebEx. At this meeting we will adopt new bylaws for DACH. Your presence is greatly desired as we need a quorum in order to adopt the bylaws.
You will also hear our annual reports, hear overviews of the DA Regional and Global Conventions, participate in a brainstorming session for Get Out the Vote, and discuss election events for November.
2020 Annual General Meeting (Add to Google Calendar.)
Meeting Title = DA Switzerland AGM
Date and Time = Wed, 24 Jun 2020 19:00:00 CEST
Duration = 3 hours
Meeting number = 478854014
Meeting Password = dems
Meeting URL: https://democratsabroad.webex.com/democratsabroad/e.php?MTID=madefb2d9f483193b1167487c39b2a6e5
- 6:45-7:00 PM - Sign in, get WebEx set up properly, virtually mingle
- 7:00-7:45 PM - Approve the 2019 AGM minutes; business meeting and officer reports
- 7:45-8:45 PM - Adoption of new bylaws
- 8:45-9:00 PM - Break
- 9:00-9:30 PM - Get Out the Vote brainstorming
- 9:30-10:00 PM - Election events for November
- 10:00 PM - Adjournment
Bylaws Revision: Please Review the Proposed Changes. We invite you to comment!
We are pleased to include a draft of the revised bylaws for DACH, which will be presented for approval at the AGM on June 24. Several changes were necessary to bring our bylaws in line with changes made to the Democrats Abroad Charter. These include concepts such as "One Person, One Vote," wording changes regarding gender balance, etc. Also, we used this opportunity to include the status of DACH as a Verein/Association under Swiss laws in order to be compliant with local rules and regulations.
We invite you to make public comments via Google Docs here. You can view and comment on this Google Doc without having a Google Account.
As you review the draft, please note the following:
- Minor punctuation, format, spacing, capitalization, or spelling changes have been made and are not highlighted as "edits" from the original bylaws from 2014.
- Please do not reformat or concern yourself about formatting as that will be cleaned up in the final draft before presentation at the AGM.
- Please note that in Google Docs, you can choose to view all edits and comments (default setting) or you can use a simple view that only displays the "final document."
- Please respond with any comments or suggestions by 5 PM on Friday, June 12.
- A WebEx session for review and discussion of all public comments will be held on Wednesday, June 17 at 7 PM. Please plan to attend as we want to finalize all changes and address all questions before the AGM.
We will have several events leading up to the AGM to prepare our members for the vote about bylaws and attending the meeting via WebEx.
- Monday, June 15 from 7-9 PM: WebEx "Sandbox" for members to practice signing in and using WebEx. (Add to Google Calendar.)
- Wednesday, June 17 from 7-9 PM: WebEx discussion of the bylaws revision. This meeting is essential for our members who want to ask questions and make suggestions about our proposed revisions. We want to limit discussion during the AGM so that we can stay on schedule. (Add to Google Calendar.)
- Sunday, June 21 from 1-3 PM: WebEx "Sandbox" for members to practice signing in and using WebEx. (Add to Google Calendar.)
We look forward to seeing you at these virtual events over the coming month! Thank you for your time and attention.