NEW EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE TO BE ELECTED AT ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING JANUARY 15
The DA Switzerland 2023 Nominations and Elections Committee is pleased to announce that the Election of the 2023-2025 Executive Committee will take place during the 2023 Annual General Meeting, on Sunday, January 15th, at The Auld Dubliner in Basel. (See separate AGM announcement for details). We hope you will attend to hear our annual reports, to show support for the nominees, and, most importantly, to vote for the candidates of your choice. The offices to be elected are:
DPCA Voting Representatives (3)
We thank all those who came forward to present themselves as candidates. See their names and statements below, as well as offices still seeking candidates.
Meeting attendees who are DA members as of Friday, January 13th may vote. Ballots will be distributed to attendees at the meeting.
If you cannot participate in person, it is possible to vote by proxy: Request a proxy form from [email protected], identify a member you know who will attend, send a copy of your completed and signed proxy form to us by January 13th, and give the form to the attending member before the AGM. Any voter at the meeting may hold at most two proxies.
Voting by advance ballot will not be available.
At the meeting, the eleven offices will be elected one by one, in the order shown above. For offices with zero nominees (only), nominations for office may be made from the floor, as write-in candidates. Floor nominees may be listed candidates who did not win their announced race and wish to run in another. All candidates will be given two minutes to address the members.
LIST OF CANDIDATES
Candidates are listed here within each office in alphabetic order by last name.
OFFICE: CHAIR (1)
- Victoria Mallett (Basel)
- Tory is a Texas voter who became politically engaged at a young age thanks to her very passionate Democratic parents. After earning a Bachelors in Political Science, Tory worked on campaigns at every level, from field intern to campaign manager. She has campaigned in four different states and has worked with, trained, and supervised hundreds (thousands?) of volunteers. She recently completed her doctorate in Sociology at the London School of Economics, where her research focused on the social dynamics of campaigning amidst local election reforms. Tory has served as Basel Chair and currently is the Interim Secretary for DA Switzerland.
OFFICE: VICE CHAIR (none)
OFFICE: SECRETARY (none)
OFFICE: TREASURER (1)
- Peter Butterfield (Suisse Romande)
I wish to serve as Treasurer of Democrats Abroad Switzerland for the 2023-25 term. I’ve been active in DACH since about 2011 and have served already in a few elected posts. The work of Democrats Abroad to bring home the expat vote has become a key piece of Democratic success, and I wish to pitch in where I can to keep that good work going.
The Treasurer tracks DACH revenue and expenses, reports to the Executive Committee, recommends new-revenue action when needed, and prepares financial reports to the International Treasurer. I am not a finance professional; however as a small-business co-owner I have since 2002 kept the company’s books and done most of the tax filings, which experience give me confidence that handling the DACH financial duties fits well within my skill set. I want to see us meet our financial goals to help drive Democratic electoral success in 2024.
I ask your support in electing me Treasurer at our January 2023 Annual Meeting and Elections.
OFFICE: 4X: MEMBER-AT-LARGE (1)
- Michael Williams (Suisse Romande)
- I grew up in New York’s Hudson River Valley, and I vote in Jerry Nadler’s deep-blue Manhattan district. I worked for the United Nations in Geneva for 27 years on climate change and environmental issues. I am now retired and a naturalised Swiss citizen. I have taken some baby steps towards becoming active in DACH, now serving as a Member-at-large for the Suisse Romande chapter and as Media Coordinator at the national level. As our successes in 2022 recede into the rear-view mirror, we will soon need to face up to a challenging landscape in 2024. I hope I can play a stronger role in helping overseas American to engage in the 2024 elections.
OFFICE: 3X: DPCA VOTING REPRESENTATIVE (2)
- Leedonal (Jazz) Moore (Zürich)
I would like to run for re-election in the role of DPCA Voting Rep.Serving DACH and DA in that capacity has been an honor and pleasure.I hereby officially announce my candidacy.
- Liz Voss (Basel)
Serving DACH as Secretary and Vice Chair has been an honor since I was appointed in 2017. As I focus more on my studies at University of Basel, I would like to continue to represent DACH at an international level as one of our DPCA Voting Representatives.
We encourage all Democrats to attend the election meeting on Sunday, January 15th, and to consider standing for one of the unfilled positions:
- Vice Chair
- Member-at-Large (3 positions available)
- DPCA Voting Rep (1 position available)
The DACH Nominations and Elections Committee
Liz Voss, Ben Stewart
Questions? Write [email protected]