This is a delicious and fast lunch that we make when we can find udon noodles at our local grocery store.
Julia's Tofu Noodles
200 g udon noodles
2 cups veggie, fish or chicken broth
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1/2 package of silky tofu, chopped
Soy sauce to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to boil.
2. Stir in broth cubes then add noodles and carrots, return to boil and lower heat to a simmer.
3. Stir in tofu, then crack eggs onto the top of the noodles and cook 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, cover eggs with noodles and cook 5 minutes more.
5. Season with soy sauce, pepper, etc.
Taste your broth for flavor. If it needs more flavor add more soy sauce. A squeeze of lemon will brighten up your broth.