Come join us on zoom on February 6th to learn more about the upcoming DA France Youth Caucus elections. Find out what positions you can run for, how to declare candidacy, and get answers to your burning questions.
Eight positions of the DA France Youth Caucus Steering Committee are up for election for the 2023-2024 US election cycle.
👉 Submit a candidate statement by email to [email protected] by February 13 2023.
✅ Eligibility: Candidates should be members of Democrats Abroad France, U.S. citizens 18 years or older and be able to serve a full term of two years. Previous organizing experience is welcome but not necessary.
🍻 We will be holding an informational meeting on February 6, and a meet and greet for candidates during our Politics & Pints event on February 16.
- Ensure the caucus is carrying out its mission of registering voters and engaging young Americans living abroad in the political process
- Organize and lead Youth Caucus steering committee meetings
- Provide support and direction to Youth Caucus working groups
- Collaborate with other DA France caucuses and local chapters on joint activities and events
- Prepare monthly report on Youth Caucus activities, trouble spots, and upcoming events
- Represent the Youth Caucus on the DA France Executive Committee
Events Officers (2)
- Ideate new events to draw in members outside our current network
- Support national DA France events, including fundraisers, social events, and protests
- Organize monthly and ad-hoc events for the youth caucus (Politics & Pints, debate watch parties, book clubs, trivia night, protests, invited speakers)
GOTV Officers (2)
- Build and maintain contacts with American organisations in France (universities, US businesses, volunteer organizations, interest groups) to organize voter tabling during election season
- Motivate & organize volunteers for voter registration events
- Partner with DA France to help staff voter registration efforts and phonebanking events
- Flyer for ‘get-out-the-vote’ (GOTV) events and volunteer opportunities with DA France Youth Caucus
Communications Officers (2)
- Amplify the voices of young Americans in DA France, create content informing young Americans in France of their right to vote in US elections
- Maintain and build social channels (Facebook page, DA website, group chats, etc.) and help shape national digital strategy, from messaging to ad placement
- Create visuals and text for upcoming events
- Build relationships with students, schools, organizations throughout France to promote the work of the DAF Youth Caucus
To run for election: You may nominate yourself by declaring your candidacy, or you may be nominated by someone else. You may also nominate another person for a position. To declare your candidacy or make a nomination, please email the Elections Board at [email protected]. Candidates must submit a candidate’s statement (no more than 200 words). If you are nominating another person, please put that person on copy of your email.