Kathryn Solon rsvped +1 for Frankfurt & Wiesbaden-Mainz Chapters read "Our Time is Now" by Stacey Abrams 2020-05-29 17:47:16 -0400
The Frankfurt and Wiesbaden-Mainz Chapters will join together on July 26th to discuss Stacy Abrams’ newest book, “Our Time is Now: Power, Purpose, and the Fight for a Fair America”.
Abrams is a New York Times bestselling author, political leader, entrepreneur and nonprofit CEO. She served eleven years in the Georgia House of Representatives and became the 2018 Democratic gubernatorial nominee of Georgia - the first black woman nominee for a major party in the USA. In direct response to witnessing the mismanagement of the election, Abrams launched Fair Fight because “the future of our democracy depends on correcting all that is wrong with our elections process, including the insidious practice of voter suppression. [...] we must remind voters of their power to be seen and to demand action not simply on election days but every day.”
The book is set to be released on June 9th, 2020 and will be available through major book retailers. Make sure to secure your copy by pre-ordering now and join the discussion in July!
We look forward to "seeing" there.WHENJuly 26, 2020 at 2pmWHEREOnline - Zoom
Wiesbaden, Hesse 65183
Google map and directions
Kathryn Solon rsvped for Stuttgart Chapter Meeting - State and Local Elections 2020-05-29 17:46:03 -0400
Participating in and supporting state and local elections is one of the surest ways to have a meaningful impact as an overseas voter. Even if you vote in a place that's reliably blue, you can adopt a state like Wisconsin or Pennsylvania. We'll discuss all of this and more at the next Stuttgart Chapter meeting on Friday, June 12 at 7 pm. Bring a friend and join us! This is an online event, so you must RSVP to receive the WebEx link.WHENJune 12, 2020 at 7pmWHEREWebEx (online)
Google map and directions
Kathryn Solon rsvped for Book Club: On Immunity: An Inoculation by Eula Biss – Democratss Abroad Leipzig-Halle 2020-05-29 17:45:20 -0400
For June's Book Club meeting, we are reading On Immunity: An Inoculation by Eula Biss.
The discussion will take place online, please send an email to email@example.com to receive the log-in information.
About On Immunity: An Inoculation by Eula Biss
"In this bold, fascinating book, Eula Biss addresses a chronic condition of fear—fear of the government, the medical establishment, and what may be in your children’s air, food, mattresses, medicines, and vaccines. Reflecting on her own experience as a new mother, Biss investigates the metaphors and myths surrounding our conception of immunity and its implications for the individual and the social body. She extends a conversation with other mothers to meditations on Voltaire’s Candide, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring, Susan Sontag’s AIDS and Its Metaphors, and beyond. On Immunity is an inoculation against our fear and a moving account of how we are all interconnected—our bodies and our fates." -- Description from Amazon.com
Please add thoughts or questions you have during reading to our live document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FzRrUMK97lYuzKDSPEWhG-Wfh8UDWUTMh8CiInuqfgY/edit?usp=drivesdk
Our next book will be selected during this meeting. We try to balance our selections evenly between fiction and non-fiction.
Feel free to add up to two books to our book suggestion list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-ZZt2MiCoj19_-zKjZWEHEWoTFTlXAkR4f5r5e-DPZw/edit?usp=drivesdk
Lastly, if you would like to be added to our WhatsApp thread, please directly message us with your request. Thanks, and happy reading!WHENJune 13, 2020 at 5pmWHEREOnline
Please send an email to kaitlynkennedy@utexasedu to receive the log-in information
Google map and directions
In order to provide the margin of victory in November, we need to increase voter participation from abroad. Only 7% of US citizens abroad cast ballots in 2016 — we must do everything possible to turn out more of the 3+ million US voters from around the globe in 2020!
What is it?
Dialing for Democracy is a fundraising call-a-thon, in which our outstanding phonebankers make as many calls as they can from 9:00am to 9:00pm CEST on Flag Day, June 14 (we will reach thousands of overseas voters!). DA and callers will work together to secure sponsors who will push us to reach our calling goals and generously provide the critical funds to keep our voter outreach projects going strong through November!
From 7:30pm to 9:30pm, we will also be live on Facebook to track our progress and hear from our callers. It will be fun, it will be informative, and it will be an opportunity to connect with fellow DA members as we all encourage our callers in the final stretch.
How do we do this?
It's easy! Sign up today to make calls via this Google form and let us know how many calls you will make during the call-a-thon. You'll then receive information to pass along to your friends and family to secure pledges. You may ask your sponsors for whatever amount feels comfortable — but please take this opportunity to stretch your goal! The more we raise, the more we have to get out the overseas vote and win in November!
Look at your friends and family members (even in the US!) and decide who you would like to ask to sponsor you. You can call them (always great!) or email them. You can post on social media, too. Let them know from the heart why you are spending your precious time "dialing for democracy". Then ask them to please support you — and democracy(!) — on Flag Day!WHENJune 14, 2020 at 9amWHERECallHub
Google map and directions
Global Pub Quiz Fun(draiser)
We're looking forward to meeting your team -- or matching you with other Democrats around the world.
For each round we'll send out a google form for you to fill in the answers. Volunteers will grade each round and the winning team(s) will receive never-ending fame and fortune.*
Ninety percent of the funds raised from this event will go directly to GOTV. Did you know that just $5 USD can reach 125 voters?
The other ten percent will go to DA's travel fund. As a young-ish volunteer without disposable income I can tell you the #1 issue with getting involved at a higher level of commitment is being unable to afford to travel to the regional and global meetings. It's important to show up in person as it helps build relationships we need to keep up the good work. We want to have a big tent party and that perhaps means helping our younger or income-sensitive volunteers to be part of the organization.
Date: Saturday May 30th | Where: RSVP for ZOOM link!
Quiz Start: 7:30pm (CEST / Paris time)
For any questions about Democrats Abroad Pub Quiz, please contact DANL's Andrew Tucker: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help by making a donation for this great event, so reserve your place as soon as possible!
*fame and fortune not guaranteed!
Donations are to Democrats Abroad (Democratic Party Committee Abroad) and not to any candidate for Federal Office.Donate
Time to Get Out The Vote (GOTV)!Are you interested in helping register U.S. voters living abroad? Are you a phonebanker who gets questions about how to vote from abroad? Do YOU want to know how to register and request your absentee ballot? Join us for a webinar that will walk you through the voter registration platform VotefromAbroad.org.WHENJune 08, 2020 at 7pmWHEREOnline
Google map and directions
Pride events around the world have been canceled, but Pride remains. Join a global virtual Drag Queen Bingo evening and help Democrats Abroad get out the vote in 2020!!!
This will be a wild night hosted by a fabulous drag queen, with prizes, and performances!
Date: Saturday, June 13th
Time: 20:00-22:00 CEST (Paris, Vienna) | 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM PDT (San Francisco)
13:00 CDT (Mexico City, Chicago)
02:00-04:00 PM (EDT New York, Toronto, Washington D.C.)
19:00 BST (London)
03:00 JST (Tokyo)
Please RSVP to receive the meeting link information.
Visit us on Facebook: Drag Bingo Fundraiser
Help support DA’s phone banking efforts! Your $10 donation will help us call 50 voters. Please donate today by clicking here and kindly make a donation for this event!!!
Thank you for your support - we look forward to you joining the webinar!WHENJune 13, 2020 at 2pmWHEREZoom
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
Thanks for supporting Democrats Abroad at the Running for Democracy event.The race is over and you should have received an email telling how your runners did - and what your donation amount should be.If the amount matches one of the boxes on the left, just click on that box and then complete your donation information. If it doesn't match one of the boxes, then enter the amount in to the "Other" box and complete your donation information.By sponsoring our Running for Democracy event, you are helping Democrats Abroad finance our very important GOTV efforts for the 2020 Election. So feel free to donate a larger amount than what you pledged. It WILL make a difference!Donate
Kathryn Solon donated 2017-04-25 08:48:00 -0400
Kathryn Solon donated 2017-03-23 19:32:14 -0400
Please join us for an online broadcast with Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana, the keynote speaker at the Democrats Abroad fundraiser in Berlin.
This is a great opportunity to come together to show support for Democrats Abroad and to raise funds for our global Get Out the Vote efforts in 2017 and 2018 targeted at the 9 million Americans living overseas.
Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 8 PM CET (2 PM EDT)
Mayor Pete Buttigieg with Democrats Abroad DNC members in Atlanta.
This year, Pete campaigned for Chair of the DNC and made quite an impression with party leaders, DNC members, grassroots activists, and the press. His extensive background at home in the US and abroad as a Rhodes Scholar and a Naval Officer in Afghanistan has earned the respect and appreciation of Democrats Abroad and we're glad to have a chance to host him in Berlin.
Democrats Abroad invites you to get to know Mayor Pete and contribute toward DA's global get out the vote initiatives. So please join the Mayor by signing up for the online broadcast of the event below.Donate
Kathryn Solon donated 2017-01-12 00:12:41 -0500
Sorry, the Democrats Abroad dinner at the Women's March on Washington is now SOLD OUT. But you can still march with other members of Democrats Abroad. They'll be meeting at Eastern Market between 8-8:30 AM - look for the blue ponchos.
If you want to support Democrats Abroad advocacy efforts and the Women's Caucus, click here to go to www.democratsabroad.org/donate and select "Support the Women's Caucus" in the Contribution Purpose drop-down menu.
Any problems, contact Art Schankler at email@example.com.Donate
Kathryn Solon donated 2016-08-28 05:40:17 -0400
Make a supporting donation to Democrats Abroad and join us for a live video conference call and Q&A session with top Clinton Campaign staff to get the latest insight into the status of the race, and learn where the last pushes are needed to win.
Donating: $15, $25, $45, or $500 will enable you to join this update briefing callDonate
The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.
Kathryn Solon donated 2016-04-30 00:17:51 -0400
You are almost to Berlin! Please input your payment info and the names of any additional registrants you are paying for. If you have any questions please email International Treasurer, Art Schankler Treasurer@DemocratsAbroad.org .Donate