DAG DPCA Voting Representative Candidate
I grew up in Kansas City, Missouri, I vote in Ferndale, Michigan and my background is in marketing and music. Over the course of 10 years, I've used both sets of skills as a singer and an event coordinator for two different choirs in Munich. I've had the privilege of helping to found and steer the North & Central Bavaria Chapter over this past year. Organizing with Democrats Abroad Germany has been very energizing and empowering in a dark and dispiriting time.
I believe the responsibilities of DPCA Voting Representative are well-suited to my abilities. Since moving to Regensburg, Germany 17 years ago, I keep myself well-informed of my government's actions. The opportunity to weigh in on planks of the party platform is one I do not take lightly. Some of the policy subjects I'm most passionate about are:
- the fundamental injustice of treating healthcare as a commodity
- weeding out institutionalized racism in government, starting with a new VRA
- the U.S. becoming a champion for LGBTQIA+ people around the world
- eliminating tax loopholes for corporations and the ultra rich
- aggressive climate legislation
I recognize that I'm fairly new to DAG, but I believe my fresh perspective, my propensity to ask questions and my ability to learn on my feet will be enormous assets in this position.