On 17 November Democrats Abroad presented a Webinar on setting up an IRS and Social Security Online Account from abroad. The recording is now available. See the message below from the Taxation Task Force, which hosted the webinar.
DA Australia has 2 upcoming events with the Tax Task Force Chair, Rebecca Lammers, who is meeting with members in Sydney and Melbourne during her Christmas holiday trip to see family in Australia. Click here for information about the Sydney event on December 10. Click here for information about the Melbourne event on December 21.
Here is the recording from the How to Set Up an Online IRS & Social Security Account for Americans Abroad webinar:
- Click here for the recording (you must be logged into your Democrats Abroad account to access it)
- Please click here to fill in the feedback form once you watch the recording. Your feedback is important to help us with future webinars!
- Click here for the list of links (download link)
- Click here for slides (download link)
One of the follow-up questions asked during the Q&A was about using two passports for ID verification if you have more than one passport. The answer is, yes, dual citizens will be able to use their US passport and their non-US passport - they would select Passport and Foreign Passport as their two primary document types. They may, however, need to still upload a secondary document for proof of address.
And here are 6 things you can do to help:
- Add a reminder to your online calendar to request your 2024 absentee ballot click here
- Read about Democrat Abroad's tax advocacy work by clicking here
- Donate to Democrat Abroad's tax advocacy work by clicking here
- Read the Tax Report at: democratsabroad.org/2022_
- Sign up for our tax mailing list for future events and updates click here
- Volunteer for the Taxation Task Force democratsabroad.org/ttf_
- Is my information secure
- How ID.me protects your information
- Why should I trust ID.me
- Revoking partner access to your information
- Managing your personal information
Chair, Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force