Join Democrats Abroad UK (DAUK) for this difficult but important webinar to discuss estate planning and wills for Americans living in the UK. The aim of this webinar is to educate you on basic things you should know for later stages of life and planning for after you pass away. Everyone, regardless of income level, will pass on an estate (which is just a fancy word for everything you own), and it's important to make these plans so your wishes are carried out after you're gone. We will aim to cover topics on estate and will related issues such as:
- Do I need a will for the US and the UK?
- Is it a good idea to set up a trust?
- How do I ensure I don't pass on a tax burden to my family after I'm gone?
- Can you have a power of attorney in the US and the UK?
This event is for you if:
- you just moved to the UK from the US for retirement and you're unsure how to plan for later stages of life
- you've lived abroad for decades but don't have a will in place yet
- you have children or a non-US partner and want to better understand estates and wills
- you're concerned about US/UK tax implications, or
- you already know a lot but you just want a straightforward answer for a specific issue
- George King, Senior Wealth Manager @ MASECO
- Chris McLemore, Attorney @ McLemore Konschnik LLP
- David Treitel, Founder and Managing Director @ American Tax Returns
- 6:30pm Introductions
- 6:40pm Speaker presentations
- 7:00pm Q&A
- 7:30pm End
Attendees are asked to please pre-submit any questions you have by emailing [email protected]. The more questions we get in advance, the better we can prepare and shape the program around the things you want to learn about the most!
The fine print:
- No refunds are available.
- We can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible.
- This event is closed to the press.
If you are unable to attend this event you can buy a recording ticket. Please email [email protected] to be added to the mailing list to keep up to date with the actions and upcoming events from the DAUK Tax Committee.
Disclaimer: DAUK cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
We recommend the ACA Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the ACA Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: http://acareturnpreparerdirectory.com
Zoom WC1V 7AA
Google map and directions