Discussion topics this month:
- How can we create a Blue Tsunami in November 2020? Get to know key races and how we can help. This time we’ll focus on Jaime Harrison, former SC Democratic Party Chair and Associate DNC Chair, running ahead right now of Lindsey Graham.
- Will Joe Biden have finally chosen a VP? What’s your viewpoint?
- What happened at the EMEA Convention? Short report.
- How are we doing in Get Out the Vote campaigns?
To join: On your computer, simply click the WebEx Link and follow instructions below. If you have never joined a WebEx meeting before, get set up 10 minutes before the official start. With a tablet or phone, down load the app. Here's how.Then follow the directions below.
- Enter your first name and preferably your last name, too, and then put the German city/town where you live in parentheses next to your name. Example: Mary Member (Marburg)
- Enter your email address.
- Enter the meeting password: dems
- Click "Join".
The Frankfurt and Wiesbaden-Mainz Chapters will join together on July 26th to discuss Stacy Abrams’ newest book, “Our Time is Now: Power, Purpose, and the Fight for a Fair America”.
Abrams is a New York Times bestselling author, political leader, entrepreneur and nonprofit CEO. She served eleven years in the Georgia House of Representatives and became the 2018 Democratic gubernatorial nominee of Georgia - the first black woman nominee for a major party in the USA. In direct response to witnessing the mismanagement of the election, Abrams launched Fair Fight because “the future of our democracy depends on correcting all that is wrong with our elections process, including the insidious practice of voter suppression. [...] we must remind voters of their power to be seen and to demand action not simply on election days but every day.”
The book is set to be released on June 9th, 2020 and will be available through major book retailers. Make sure to secure your copy by pre-ordering now and join the discussion in July!
We look forward to "seeing" there.