Saturday, March 27
GBC American Tax 101 WebinarRSVP
Join Democrats Abroad Global Black Caucus for this special event to discuss the basics of US tax filing requirements for Americans living abroad. The aim of this event is to educate you on your basic tax filing obligations and commonly asked tax questions such as:
- When is the tax filing deadline for Americans living outside the U.S.?
- How much do I need to earn to file?
- How do I manage my US student loans while living abroad?
- Can I open a foreign pension as a US citizen?
- Do I have to pay capital gains tax to the IRS when I sell my home abroad?
- How much do I have to earn in order to be double-taxed?
- Do I get double taxed if I'm self-employed or have a foreign company?
This event is for you if:
- you just moved to another country from the US and you're unsure of your tax obligations
- you haven't filed for decades
- you're scared to face your tax filing obligation or don't know what questions to ask to get started
- you've filed for years but you're not sure if you're doing it right, or
- you've filed every year but you've wanted a straightforward answer for a specific issue
Tickets are $5. For those unable to attend on March 27, if you purchase a ticket you will receive an on-demand link to view an online video to watch at any time you choose up to 30 days after the event takes place. Please note that we have no liability if you do no watch the video before it expires. No refunds are available.
|Katrina C.M. Haynes, CPA - Owner Haynes & Associates|
|Katelynn Minott, Bright!Tax, Managing CPA and Partner|
|Rebecca Lammers, DAUK Tax Committee Chair (host)|
4:00pm Questions & Answers
Disclaimer: DA cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants, or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
We recommend the ACA Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the ACA Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: http://acareturnpreparerdirectory.com
Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 03:00 PM Berlin Time