About the Position
Each Global Caucus Chair plays an important role in Democrats Abroad’s (DA) efforts to mobilize U.S. voter constituencies living abroad, delivering not only scale-tipping votes but elevating the voices of historically underrepresented groups in U.S. politics. A successful Global Caucus Chair should have knowledge of both DA and the respective constituency group, as well as strong management and communication skills, to ultimately drive engagement and activism among the larger U.S. population abroad.
Global Caucus Chair positions are available for each of DA’s eight global caucuses, including: Asian-American and Pacific Islander, Black, Hispanic, LGBTQ+, Progressive, Veteran and Military Families, Women’s, and Youth. Upon appointment, and in collaboration with the International Chair, each Global Caucus Chair will be responsible for identifying a Global Caucus Vice Chair, as well as at least six additional DA members to serve on the Global Caucus’s Steering Committee.
- Review and revise caucus mission statement and terms of reference for approval by the 2021-2023 DA International Executive Committee
- Develop and execute a strategic outreach plan to increase voter registration, education, and activation within the respective constituency
- Hold regular Global Caucus Steering Committee planning sessions
- Collaborate with other DA Global Caucuses and, at the International Chair and DA DNC delegation’s discretion, with DNC and state party caucuses
- Build and maintain a centralized list of external contacts
- Work with the DA Global Advocacy and Caucus Coordinators to coordinate caucus-specific advocacy campaigns and legislative outreach
- Work with DA Global Communications Team to develop and coordinate messaging, as well as maintain caucus’s presence on DA website and social media
- Report to the DA International Executive Committee on a bi-weekly basis and regularly attend their meetings
Skills & Qualifications
- Commitment to helping Democrats Abroad, the Democratic Party, and Democratic candidates succeed
- Member of Democrats Abroad (join here)
- Knowledgeable about issues relevant for the constituency and experience in constituency organizing
- Creative and well organized with strong management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a global setting
- Ability to create and achieve shared measurable goals through strong team leadership
Estimated Time Commitment: 5-10 hours/week (flexible working times)
Language: English (Spanish, advantageous for Hispanic Caucus; Asian-language skills, advantageous for Asian-American & Pacific Islander Caucus)
Start Date: From August 16, 2021
End Date: May 2023
Compensation: Unpaid (but tremendously rewarding!)
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your vision and qualifications for the role in PDF format to [email protected] by August 1, 2021.
Democrats Abroad is committed to the values and practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, with opportunities to provide and the ability to take feedback and learn. It is our policy to recruit, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, pregnancy, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, disability, or any other legally protected basis.