About the Position
Democrats Abroad (DA) was the margin of victory for Joe Biden in Georgia and Arizona, and we’re determined to continue delivering scale-tipping votes in races across the United States in 2021 and 2022. A large part of our success with U.S. voters living abroad is attributable to the increased professionalism of DA’s graphics on social media, merchandising, and print media. A successful Global Design Coordinator should have knowledge of DA’s structure and policies, graphic design experience, and strong project management skills that can be applied in a volunteer setting.
Upon appointment, and in collaboration with the DA International Chair, the Global Design Team Coordinator will identify at least six additional DA volunteers to serve on the Global Design Team. The Global Design Team will be responsible for developing graphics for global-level teams and initiatives, as well as for country committees upon request.
- Recruit members with design experience globally to form a pool of talent for design projects
- Establish and communicate workflows for global-level teams and country committees to submit design requests
- Together with other members of the Global Design Team, delegate work among the designers globally
- Hold regular Global Design Team planning sessions and meetings
- In consultation with Global Social Media and Internal Communications Coordinators, create a common look to increase DA's brand awareness
- Distribute information, templates, and know-how to country-level organizers
- Report to DA International Executive Committee members on a bi-weekly basis and regularly attend their meetings
- Following the midterms, conduct final assessment of 2022 Global Design Team work that documents lessons learned and suggests improvements for future plans
Skills & Qualifications
- Commitment to helping DA, the Democratic Party, and Democratic candidates succeed
- Member of Democrats Abroad (join here)
- Understanding of DA’s organizational structure, especially at the global and country levels
- Familiarity with design tools, best practices, and technologies
- Creative and strong eye for detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to professionally give constructive feedback
- Ability to generate innovative ideas to reach more overseas voters, and motivate and oversee volunteers who will see them through
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple time zones
- Previous design and management experience advantageous
Estimated Time Commitment: 10-15 hours/week, with understanding that hours may need to increase in peak months (July-November 2022).
Start Date: From August 16, 2021
End Date: May 2023
Compensation: Unpaid (but tremendously rewarding!)
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your vision and qualifications for the role in PDF format to [email protected] by August 1, 2021.
Democrats Abroad is committed to the values and practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, with opportunities to provide and the ability to take feedback and learn. It is our policy to recruit, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, pregnancy, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity, disability, or any other legally protected basis.