Are you a Georgia voter?
Dems Abroad is here to help you actualize your voting right in the upcoming Senate runoff race. Read on to find out more.
As a Georgia voter, you have a special role to play in the special runoff election for TWO senate seats in Georgia on January 5, 2021!
We at Democrats Abroad-Israel are here to support you in actualizing your right to vote in this crucial election. Below you will find important information and special instructions about how to actualize your right to participate in this election. Please read through till the end.
1. Get your FCPA (Request for an Absentee Ballot) form. Go to VoteFromAbroad.org and fill out the FPCA form. Even if you requested such a ballot for the November presidential election, you will need to request another one now. Check the box to get your ballot sent to you by email.
2. Email your FCPA form. Make sure you send this form to your local election official by email as soon as possible. IN ADDITION, save your signed and dated FPCA form - for later.
3. Get your Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB). Because the actual ballot for the Georgia run-off elections will likely not be released until mid-December and given that the ballot is required to be sent by postal mail to Georgia, we recommend not waiting for the Georgia ballot to vote. Rather, after you’ve sent in your FCPA, you should then ALSO fill out your FWAB -- Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot -- which is an emergency backup ballot. To do this, click here and fill out the FWAB online (using instructions below) and then print.
Alternatively, you may use this link to print the form and write in your answers by hand (following instructions below).
If you do not have access to a printer, and if you cannot find a friend or a neighbor to print it for you, contact us and we will help you resolve the printing issue – [email protected] .
4. Fill in your FWAB. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Usually, there is only ONE Senate race at a time, so the FWAB has room for only one Senate race. In order to fill in the FWAB for BOTH Senate races, please take a look at the example below. The instructions in the ORANGE BOXES show you where to write in BOTH of your voting choices for TWO Senate races.
- Next to “U.S. Senator”, type in Ossoff (D) or Perdue (R) write or type in party: Democrat or Republican.
- Under “Ballot initiatives or other items”, write or type in US Special Runoff, and then your choice of either Warnock (D) or Loeffler (R), or write in Democrat or Republican.
5. Prepare to send in your FWAB. To send your FWAB - put the ballot in the ballot envelope that you printed when you printed your FWAB. Put the remaining materials into the envelope, including the FPCA. Put the ballot envelope in the larger envelope. Address to your local election official. To find your local election official - go to VoteFromAbroad.org/states
6. SEND IT TO GEORGIA: HOW?
Our recommendation is to send it via DHL courier. Although you can send it in by regular mail, this is not recommended due to the current instability of the postal system, especially during the pandemic. Therefore Dems Abroad-Israel has arranged a special 40% discount with DHL Israel for election ballots.
If this is hard for you financially, contact us at [email protected]
7. To send your ballot via DHL, Go to: https://mydhl.express.dhl/il/en/shipment.html#/#address-details (Use a computer or tablet, not a smartphone), and follow the instructions below.
DHL Step 1: Fill out the airway bill online.
- Fill in all the mandatory boxes. Skip the optional boxes.
- Repeat your name for the “Company name” on the sender side. Repeat the local election board for the “Company name” on the recipient side.
- Look up your local election official’s information on votefromabroad.org/states. If the address is a Post Office Box, call or email them and get a street address. Tell them you are a UOCAVA/Absentee Ballot Voter sending your ballot by courier and need a street address.
- Choose the date and time window when you want your package picked up.
If you do not have access to a printer, schedule the pick-up a day later to allow for finding a printing solution.
- Choose your means of payment — credit card or PayPal.
Before entering your payment details check the box to use the Promo Code USA40 for a 40% discount.
DHL Step 2: Print out your airway bill and receipt.
If you do not have a printer, try to access a printer elsewhere (via neighbors, friends, relatives, colleagues, or print shops). If those options are not available to you, you can contact us at [email protected] and we will help find a solution. However, if you have printing challenges, make sure that you schedule your pick-up for at least one day later in order to allow for the printing solution.
DHL Step 3: Wait for DHL to come fetch your ballot!
If you need any help, Democrats Abroad Israel volunteers will be happy to answer your questions. Contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for voting!