Don’t miss your chance to vote in person this presidential year! Join thousands of U.S. citizens like you, living abroad, who will participate in Democrats Abroad's Global Presidential Primary to select the Democratic presidential candidate.
Join us in AACHEN to cast your vote:
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020, from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Every vote counts!
Please invite and share this with your American friends and colleagues.
= Volunteer at the Primary =
We need volunteers to help at the Aachen voting center for the Global Presidential Primary with setup, greeting, registration, ballot box observing, ballot counting, and clean-up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to volunteer!
Frequently Asked Questions ➜
Who is eligible to participate?
Democrats Abroad has just a few requirements for voting in the primary:
- Be abroad and be a U.S. citizen
- Be a member of Democrats Abroad
- Be 18 years old as of November 3, 2020
- Not have voted, or plan to vote, in any other 2020 state presidential primary
What if I’m not a member of Democrats Abroad?
You can sign up today (www.democratsabroad.org/join), or on the day of the Primary.
I can’t attend the event but want to vote. What can I do?
If you can’t join us in person, as long as you’re a member of Democrats Abroad, you can also vote remotely. Look for your primary ballot on our website starting February 18, 2020.
I vote in California. Can I vote in the Global Presidential Primary and the California primary?
You can only vote in the presidential primary once. That means that if you vote in the Global Primary but also want to vote in California for the down-ballot primary races (such as for your congressperson), you can! Just skip the presidential question on your California ballot.
I have already requested/received my overseas absentee ballots for this year from California. Why should I participate in the Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary instead of voting in the California presidential primary?
While thousands and thousands of people will participate in the Global Presidential Primary this year, millions will vote in your home state. That means that, as an individual, your primary vote with Democrats Abroad is more powerful than if you were to vote in California -- in fact, four times more powerful!
Who will win the Global Presidential Primary?
That’s up to you to decide! We’ll be announcing the results of our primary on March 23, 2020, so stay tuned!
I have questions about voting.
Please email email@example.com so we can help!
I have questions about the Global Primary in Aachen.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you soon.
I'm a journalist and would like to interview someone or cover the Primary.
Please email email@example.com with your question or request, and we'll be in touch right away.WHENMarch 03, 2020 at 5pmWHERECafe Kittel
Aachen, NRW 52062
Google map and directions
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.