Quaide Williams rsvped +5 for 2019 Democrats Abroad Annual Oktoberfest Extravaganza (Early Bird Tickets) 2019-03-14 08:11:46 -0400
What started out 11 years ago as a Democrats Abroad "FUN-draiser" is now one of DA’s premier events worldwide. Join us at Munich’s Oktoberfest, with 100 Democrats from all around the world, in one of the most traditional beer tents.
Join us on Sunday, October 6, 2019, for the 11th Annual Democrats Abroad Oktoberfest Extravaganza! This is a fun event for members from around Germany and around Europe to come together and have a good time.
We have reservations for tables in the "Gallerie", specifically an area upstairs so that we are above the main crowd, from 11 am until 2:30 pm.
($75) Early Bird ticket sales are now complete.
Each ticket includes:
- A reserved seat in the “Gallerie”
- A half roasted chicken (there are vegetarian options available)
- Two liters of Spaten beer (there are other beverage options, too)
- A 10-euro coupon for other purchases
JOIN US – YOU’LL NEVER FORGET IT!
“I loved being able to get together with DA friends and have fun at this world-famous event!" Christine Moritz, Frankfurt
“It doesn't get better than this, Bavarian hospitality, beer, dirndls & lederhosen. Democrats from around the world lifting a glass to elect more Democrats! Prost!" Susan Haug, London
“I had a great weekend in Munich, and Oktoberfest is yet more proof that Democrats know how to Party!" Scott Stroud, Toulouse
To buy General Tickets for Oktoberfest 2019 please use the link here:WHENOctober 06, 2019 at 11amWHERESchottenhamel Tent
Munich, BY 80336
Google map and directions
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.