Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary in Brief
- The Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary runs from March 3 to March 10, 2020 at hundreds of voting centers around the world.
- Democrats Abroad allows same day registration for voters participating in the Global Presidential Primary
- Voters may register in-person or by signing up at https://www.democratsabroad.org/join
- In person registration requires that new voters present their US passports for member verification.
Eligibility: Voters must meet the following criteria to vote
- Be abroad and be a U.S. Citizen
- Be a member of Democrats Abroad
- Be 18 as of November 3, 2020
- Not have voted, nor plan to vote, in any other 2020 state presidential primary
- Voters abroad may also vote by downloading a ballot and emailing or postal mailing it to Democrats Abroad from February 18, 2020. Ballots must be received prior to 12:00 am Pacific Standard Time on March 11, 2020.
- No proxy voting is permitted.
The following summary outlines details of the Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary, who may run as delegate, and the process that Democrats Abroad takes to select the delegates who will represent our party in Milwaukee, Wisconsin July 13 to 16, 2020 at the Democratic National Convention. A pdf version of this document is available at this link, and a link to the Democrats Abroad 2020 Delegate Selection Plan is available here.Read more
Please find below the most recent revised version of the Democrats Abroad 2020 Delegate Selection Plan (DSP), submitted to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) Rules and Bylaws Committee (RBC) in August 2019 following an RBC discussion of the plan.Read more
Democrats Abroad, the largest organization for Americans living overseas and the official Democratic Party arm for the millions of Americans living outside the United States, today announced the adoption of its 2020 Delegate Selection Plan.Read more
As an official state party recognized by the Democratic National Committee, and as the largest organization for Americans outside the US, Democrats Abroad takes our role very seriously when it comes to supporting the rights of all Americans to participate in fair and free elections, wherever they live.Read more