The US Consulate General in Vancouver will be returning to Victoria to host a "Pop-Up Consulate" for US citizens.
Where: Central Library, 735 Broughton St
Times: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Consulate staff will be accepting passport and "Consular Report of Birth Abroad" applications as well as providing notary services. An appointment is required and there are fees for these services.
If you need any of these services or have any questions, be sure to make an appointment by Thursday, September 14. To make an appointment, email the Consulate at: [email protected]
Would you like to help plan upcoming events and activities for the DA Victoria Chapter?
All DA Victoria members are invited to the upcoming September Board Meeting:
DATE: Thursday, September 14
TIME: 12:30 pm
PLACE: Fairfield area of Victoria (please RSVP for location and directions)
Welcome to Democrats Abroad Victoria!
DA Victoria and the Islands (DAVI) is a chapter of DA Canada, the official country committee for US Democrats living in Canada.
We reach out to US citizens to encourage them to vote in US elections by helping them register to vote and keeping them informed on issues important to all of us. We also have lots of opportunities for anyone who wants to volunteer to help with our Get Out the Vote efforts!
Hundreds of American citizen volunteers across Canada are working to educate all eligible U.S. voters on their right to vote and how to get their ballots to vote in every election. That includes Canadians who were born in the U.S. and those born in Canada to an American parent(s), who therefore have the right to vote. Americans living in Canada CAN deliver the difference in close elections.
Go to VoteFromAbroad.org today to register for your ballot.
Past DAVI events include the Women's Marches at Centennial Square, Tax Seminars, Fourth of July parties, Thanksgiving dinners, Election and Debate Watch parties, voter registration events, and pub meet-ups.
We also post voter and event information as well as current political news on social media. Please follow our Facebook page and SHARE the information!
If you have questions or would like to help with Democrats Abroad in Victoria and the Islands, please contact us.
Giles Hogya, Chapter Chair
Democrats Abroad - Victoria
DEMOCRATS ABROAD VICTORIA AND THE ISLANDS (DAVI) GOALS AND TARGETS 2021-2
Democrats Abroad is the official Democratic Party arm for the millions of Americans living outside the United States. We work to provide Americans living abroad with the opportunity to have a Democratic voice in our government and to elect Democratic candidates.
- Foster and celebrate our shared community and an active engagement in our country’s democratic future.
- Help Americans abroad vote in U.S. elections.
- Protect the right to vote for Americans abroad.
- Advocate for issues that concern Americans abroad.
- Help elect Democrats in every congressional district in the U.S by mobilizing the overseas vote.
- Raise funds to ensure our continued ability to meet the moment and its challenges
Democrats Abroad Victoria and the Islands (DAVI) is one of fourteen chapters in Democrats Abroad Canada (DACA), which in turn is one of more than 50 countries in Democrats Abroad Global, an arm of the Democratic National Committee (DNC).
The overarching goals for DAVI in 2021-2 are to:
- Increase DAVI membership
- Get-out-the-vote for Democratic candidates
- Serve our membership
To achieve these goals the following strategies will be employed over the next two years 2021-2:
To increase membership
- encourage members to recommend us, place timely ads on social media, hold social events etc.
- strengthen our donor base by employing a matching-funds campaign that leads to an enhanced ability to reach new members
- Increase visibility with a pro active media policy through press invitations and press releases
- expand our ability to disseminate and amplify DA information on social media
- support the creation of a Young Democrats group
- positively welcome and encourage members from under-represented constituencies e.g. LGBTQ and visible minorities
To serve our membership
- nurture a sense of shared community and belonging among our members through events and social media
- hold social gatherings such as pub nights, movie nights, Thanksgiving Dinners and 4th of July Parties, when COVID restrictions allow for in-person meetings
- continue our yearly and popular tax seminars
- increase the range of our volunteer opportunities to include more members
- strengthen our leadership by filling DAVI Board vacancies, particularly the Co-ordinator of Social Media.
To GOTV for Democratic candidates up and down ballot
- mobilize our membership, and therefore Democratic votes, through social media advertising, media opportunities etc.
- train, lead and involve an active group of GOTV volunteers for supportive roles within the chapter
- encourage members and non-members through phone banking and social media to register and vote in the midterm elections in 2022
- provide members with the latest voting information
- solicit funds at social and other in-person meetings and online for the purpose of financing election advertising to members and non members.
- maintain the presidential election enthusiasm into the midterms
- report voter issues and roadblocks so that they can be addressed in a timely fashion
- liaise effectively with volunteers and GOTV personnel in Democrats Abroad
- verify our members annually to ensure accurate contact details and involvement