Martha Mcdevitt Pugh rsvped for DA Speaker Series: Nina Turner on race relations in the U.S. 2019-02-13 08:33:03 -0500
Join Democrats Abroad on February 21st from 1pm to 2pm DC time as we speak with Our Revolution President, Senator Nina Turner, in a Black History Month webinar and Q&A.
Since the 2016 Presidential elections there has been an increasing culture of divisive rhetoric throughout the country. During the webinar we will discuss the state of race relations in the U.S. with Turner. She will outline her thoughts on a way forward and the belief that the Democratic Party - and all Americans - must condemn all forms of racism and reject division as we move towards the 2020 elections and beyond.BioNina Turner is the president of Our Revolution, which was founded in August 2016 to perpetuate and organize the political coalition that formed during Senator Bernie Sanders' 2016 presidential campaign. Previously, she served in the Ohio State Senate, where she advocated for progressive causes such as education and healthcare reform, and was the Democratic nominee for Ohio Secretary of State and a strategic leader of the Ohio Democratic Party. Politico included her in their Playbook Power List of 18 people to watch in 2018. Outside of the political arena, Turner has decades of experience as a college professor and motivational speaker.You can send questions for Nina until Feb 20th, 12 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) to email@example.com. Please include your name, country, and voting state.WHENFebruary 21, 2019 at 1pmWHEREZoom Webinar
Martha Mcdevitt Pugh posted about No financial worries when recovering from hosptalization #DAresists #Medicare4all on Facebook 2017-09-20 09:18:51 -0400
In the Netherlands, I spent 2 weeks in the hospital to treat a major infection. I never saw a bill. I didn't have to worry about how I was going to pay. My treatment in the hospital and recovery at home was fully covered and all administration was handled by the insurance company. I could focus on getting well.
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
@McDevittPugh tweeted link to Women's Caucus. 2017-03-21 05:56:29 -0400Check out Democrats Abroad. I just joined. http://www.democratsabroad.org/wc_signup?recruiter_id=1401
Make a donation here or sponsor one of our projects through our Give to Win program.
Every dollar you give supports our work to elect Democrats who will fight - AND FIGHT BACK - to make a better life for ALL Americans. Join us by making a donation today.
Julia Bryan, Chair - Democrats Abroad
We need Democrats like you to commit to Democrats Abroad - your Democratic Party for overseas Americans. Contribute to Democrats Abroad today and help us fight back against the Trump agenda, register Americans all over the world for upcoming elections, reach out on issues that concern you and build a brighter future for our country and the world. With your help, we can make the difference. We did it all over the country in 2018! And we are already working on 2020!
If you prefer to contribute via PayPal or if you want to make a RECURRING MONTHLY (VERY HELPFUL) donation, you may contribute to Democrats Abroad using ActBlue. Or if you are unable to contribute online, send us a US Dollar check with this form.
PO Box 15130
Washington DC 20003
On-line credit card contributions made to Democrats Abroad are secure, encrypted transactions made via Stripe.Donate