Message from the Chair
This is the final countdown. We need you to VOTE as if your life depends on it - because it does! Some key things to keep in mind:
- If your friends don’t vote, they’re not really friends.
- Don’t wring your hands – ring some doorbells or phones!
- To all those with “fingers crossed”: no offense, but that won’t help – especially since you can’t knock on doors, text, or phone bank with crossed fingers!
This message is about channeling your energy (and helping you help others in your orbit do so) in these final days. There’s a TON we can do to make a difference in this election and we’ll only win if EVERYONE gets involved.
SO – a few things for you to consume to get fired up and then take action:
- Read this closing argument op-ed from President Biden which articulates what’s at stake really well.
- Go Coach Mike Holmgren! Listen to his endorsement and support of Mandela Barnes!
- Check out this hilarious and poignant Amy Schumer’s Twitter response to Mehmet Oz’s absurd pointthat the decision for an abortion should include local elected officials.
- And, really importantly, read Dan Pfeiffer’s latest Medium post telling you to “get off the pollercoaster”. It’s absolutely spot on regarding the fact that polls don’t vote, people do; that we really don’t know what’s going to happen, AND that, by volunteering and getting involved, we can win this election!
Your actions in these final days will have a profound impact on both of these dates:
- November 9, 2022 – the day after the election. You want to be able to wake up that day and know you did everything in your power to save our democracy!
- January 3, 2023 – the day the next Congress will be sworn in. You have a choice: it can either be a glorious day with elected officials who will protect our freedoms and human rights getting sworn in OR, it can be a non-violent coup filled with election deniers and those who don’t believe in the rule of law.
If you need any help with voter assistance, feel free to contact your local chapter’s leadership. You can also attend Democrats Abroad Global Voter Help Desk on Zoom (https://qrco.de/bbh0zg)
Last but not least, let us know if you voted by pressing the button...
Polls don’t vote, people do – and my money is on the people! Please VOTE!
Love and Light
Leedonal (Jazz) Moore
• Democrats Abroad Global Black Caucus
• Democrats Abroad Interim Int. Secretary
• DPCA Voting Rep. DACH
There still is time - Your Actions Make a Difference!
The Global Black Caucus is working hard to reach out to Americans around the world and has assembled this “Get out the Vote” toolkit with ideas on how each and every one of our members can help spread the word!
We stand on the shoulders of generations of Black Indigenous People Of Color, who marched, fought, and died for our rights. We will not let them down!
Race To The Ballot Box
Use your voice! It matters! It matters to us - It matters to you - It matters to every family who’s lost their loved ones - It matters to ALL BLACK LIVES!
❖ Please help us reach voters, especially BIPOC voters, and provide them with the resources they need to vote from abroad!
❖ Please help Democrats Abroad Global Black Caucus fight for our democracy in 2022 and beyond!
❖ Donations of any size will help us "Get Out the Vote" and support the Biden/Harris Administration in the midterm elections.
❖ We MADE the difference in 2020! And in Georgia in 2021!
And we will continue to fight for Democratic victories and for issues that our members care about!
☞ WE CAN’T WIN WITHOUT YOU!
If you can, please chip in!
Either by donating to the Global Black Caucus:
or support us to help us modernize our website and reach more voters:
Your generous donation is a strategic investment that will benefit Democrats—and our democracy—for years to come!
Thank you for your support! 💙
We Need You.
Our Brothers and Sisters Need You. Our Country NEEDS You.
BE THE FUTURE!
Unstoppable Blue Wave
Lisbon, November 12, 2022
ALL ABOARD THE UNSTOPPABLE BLUE WAVE!
Join the Democrats Abroad Global Black Caucus and Co-Sponsored by Democrats Abroad Portugal, and the African- American Community for our Unstoppable Blue Wave Midterm Debrief, Fundraiser, and 2024 strategy forecast.
Let’s share knowledge, network together, and have a great time on a river cruise!
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2022, 6 AM EASTERN // 11 AM WET // 12 PM CET // 6 PM HKT
The boat is in the water. Whether we win at least two more Senate seats and win the House, or we are thrown back centuries — diminishing the efforts, blood, sweat, and tears of our forebears — we, as a BIPOC community, know that building political power must be an all-year-round, unstoppable effort. This is why we must take time to refuel ourselves with J-O-Y.
All are welcome to attend!
During this hybrid event, you either have the option to participate in the Full Program or only the river cruise.
RSVP for a fantastic opportunity to connect with fellow Americans in Lisbon, and meet the Global Black Caucus and DA Portugal Leadership.
Always stay updated by visiting: GBC Events
Did you miss out on our recent event:
Who We Are & Why We Vote -Connect The Dots!
- with the fabulous
Michael Blake, Brencia Berry & Twanna Angela Hines