DA Canada is looking forward to welcoming the world to Toronto for the DPCA 2020 Global Convention, May 15th – 17th.
While details are falling into place, we wanted to share some information to help with your travel planning. We’ve also worked to secure discounts or low-cost options to make attending more affordable.
Below you’ll find details on:
- A discount code for flights available from 195 countries via Air Canada
- Info for the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto $189 CAD per nt
- Info and booking link for the University of Toronto Residences for $50 CAD / $70 CAD per nt
- Link to form requesting a home-stay if available
- Links to various ground transportation options available
Options for planning travel to the DPCA
2020 Global Convention in Toronto, Canada May 15th – 17th
Air Canada is the Official Canadian Airline for the global convention and is offering a discount for convention attendees on Air Canada and code-share flights on the Star Alliance
Air Canada is Canada's largest airline and the largest provider of scheduled passenger services in the Canadian market, the Canada-U.S. transborder market and in the international market to and from Canada.
Air Canada’s extensive global network provides scheduled passenger service directly to 62 airports in Canada, 53 in the United States and 101 in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and its Air Canada Express regional partners operate on average 1,550 scheduled flights each day. Together with its Star Alliance™ partner airlines, Air Canada offers service to 1,300 airports in 195 countries and provides reciprocal top tier frequent flyer benefits.
There are two international airports served by Air Canada in Toronto. If you're travelling from the Northeastern US consider the Billy Bishop Airport. It's located on an island off downtown Toronto providing a much shorter transit to either housing option.
DA Canada has secured a Promotion Code for attendees to receive a discount on Air Canada and Air Canada codeshare flights.
- Make your reservation at www.aircanada.com
- The Promotion Code is FFNUEDZ1
- The travel period begins Friday, May 08, 2020 and ends Sunday, May 24, 2020.
- Discounts apply to Air Canada 4-digit flights operated by Air Canada's regional partners and Star Alliance carriers (e.g. AC* operated by Lufthansa)
- Discounts applicable to one-way or roundtrip itineraries only. Open-jaw, circle trip, multi-city, and interline itineraries are not eligible.
There are two lodging options available to book. The hotel option is the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto offering a rate of $189 CAD single/double, and is an 8-minute walk to the MaRS Discovery District [meeting venue]. There is also a dorm room option located on two floors at the University of Toronto, with rates of $50 CAD single / $70 CAD double. The 45 Willcocks Residences are approximately a 15-minute walk to the MaRS Discovery District, with transit options available.
Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
33 Gerrard St West, Toronto, ON
As Canada's largest hotel with 1,590 guest rooms, the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, is centrally located and just steps from the city's best shopping districts, world-class theatres, vibrant nightlife and exciting attractions. A full-service urban resort, the Chelsea Hotel has room types to suit everyone and the hotel offers 3 restaurants and lounges, separate adult and family recreation areas and pools – including the "Corkscrew" - downtown Toronto's only indoor waterslide. As a premier family destination, the hotel offers a full range of services including the Family Fun Zone with Camp Chelsea, Kid Centre and Club 33 Teen Lounge.
DPCA has negotiated a nightly rate of $189 CAD single/double, plus taxes, currently at 13%. The Chelsea Hotel is an 8-minute walk to the MaRS Discovery District.
The link to book these rooms will be made available shortly.
University of Toronto New College Residence
45 Willcocks Street, Toronto, ON
A number of rooms are currently on hold for participants of the Democrats Abroad Global Convention 2020 at the New College Residence in 45 Willcocks Residence – a great dormitory residence at the University of Toronto on the St. George campus in downtown Toronto.
Conference Rate: $50/night for single rooms and $70/night in double rooms. Included is linen and pillow, a small towel, wired and wifi access (bring your own Ethernet chord for wired internet access). Common rooms and washrooms are down the hall from the rooms. Double rooms have two single beds in them. Taxes are currently 13%.
Reservations can be made by going to www.torontores.com and filling out a Reservation Form.
- Click on Book A Room
- Fill out the 2020 Summer Residence Reservation Form for Short Term Stays (between 1 to 28 nights) and e-mail or fax it.
- Be sure to enter Special Rate Code “DAGC2020” on your Reservation Form.
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
- UP Express – Direct rail link service between Pearson Intl Airport to Union Station; purchase tickets online
- Airport Express – Offers bus service between Pearson Intl Airport and several downtown hotels, including the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto; purchase tickets online
- Toronto Transit Commission [TTC] – Offers subway, bus, and streetcar transit throughout Toronto, including Union Station. Access a route planning map if you’re staying elsewhere from the two official lodging locations.
- Toronto Bike Share – Offers access to 5,000 bikes at 465 stations across 100 sq km of the city. Purchase 1 day/3 day passes online.
- Both Uber and Lyft operate share-rides in Toronto
101 College St
Toronto, ON M5G 1L7
Google map and directions