UPDATE DUE TO CORONAVIRUS CONTAINMENT EFFORTS:
The 2020 Democrats Abroad Guatemala Annual General Meeting scheduled for Saturday, March 21 from 11am to 1pm will be held as planned but only via WebEx, an online platform that Democrats Abroad has used for global and regional meetings for several years. Our Executive Committee made this decision following recent Government of Guatemala actions to stop coronavirus transmission. While our meeting would be relatively small, members traveling to and from the event could find themselves in situations of high exposure. WebEx is no more complex than streaming Netflix or PBS.Org on your laptop. The formal WebEx invitation follows below. Please read it carefully. Click on the link to observe what it will look like when you access the meeting and try to acquaint yourself with the program. If you have questions, please contact John Chudy at: email@example.com or 5783-3633.
- Download the proxy form into WORD
- Type in your information (A typed signature is acceptable)
- It’s best to mark your proxy GENERAL, and TRANSFERABLE. If you don't know anyone else going, you can give your proxy to any ExComm member attending including Juan Pablo Aris, Scotney Young, Kee Evans, Dave Evans or John Chudy.
- Save it with your name, (example: DA_Guatemala_Proxy_John Doe)
- Return your proxy either to the Chair, John Chudy or to our events chairperson, Kee Adams Evans (instructions are on the form)
Democrats Abroad WebEx Participant Invitation Email
— You can forward this invitation to others —
DA WebEx Host: John Chudy invites you to attend this online meeting.
(DA WebEx Account: DAwebexHost11)
- Meeting Title = DA Guatemala AGM
- Date and Time = Sat, 21 Mar 2020 13:00:00 – US Eastern Time
- Host Provided Local Date/Time: Guatemala 11:00 am to 1:00pm
- Duration = 2.5 hours
- Meeting number = 732959630
- Hosted by = John Chudy
- Meeting Password = dagt
- Meeting URL: https://democratsabroad.webex.com/democratsabroad/e.php?MTID=m45c4d9715d2bc0d13e695ca742773b5c
— New to WebEx with Democrats Abroad? —
Detailed Instructions — Joining and Participating in this Meeting
To join the online meeting...
Select this direct link to the meeting:
(or you can find your meeting in the WebEx Calendar at: https://democratsabroad.webex.com)
- Enter your name – with your Country Committee name – and your email address.
- Enter the meeting password: dagt
- Click "Join".
- When the WebEx Meeting Center opens, please select "Use Computer for Audio" (in the Audio Conference pop-up box, under "Audio Connection"), and you will be able to hear the call conversation.
- Please remember to always MUTE your microphone unless you are speaking. To MUTE, use the red "Mute Mic" button next to your name in the Participants list on the right side of the screen). This will make the audio much clearer for everyone on the call.
Audio Conference Information
- Please join with Use Computer for Audio. There is no charge to you or to DA when using computer audio.
- If you have no other option, you can join via phone. However, Democrats Abroad is charged 5¢ per minute for your call.
- Call-in toll number (US): +1-650-479-3208
- Meeting call-in access code: 732959630
To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
For help and troubleshooting with WebEx, visit the DA wiki at:
NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows recording of audio and any materials exchanged or viewed during the session. Your Meeting Host should notify you if they are recording the meeting. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.
In addition to recapping our activities from 2019 and setting an agenda for the coming year, two important items have to be voted on this year:
(1) an amendment to our bylaws, and
(2) special elections to fill vacant Secretary and Treasurer offices. You are an important part of Democrats Abroad and we really need your participation and input. We must meet a quorum of 25 members in order to carry out business. Please attend.
If you can’t be there in-person, give your proxy to someone who will be attending by completing a proxy form (see link for proxy form below) and returning it either to the Chair, John Chudy or to our events chairperson, Kee Adams Evans (instructions are on the form). All you need to do is download the proxy form into WORD, type in your information, save it with your name, for example, DA_Guatemala_Proxy_John Doe, and return it to John or Kee as an email attachment. It’s best to mark your proxy GENERAL, and TRANSFERABLE.
The basic agenda is:
- Call to order and determination of quorum
- Secretary’s Report – 2019 Minutes Approval
- Treasurer’s Report and 2019 Accounts Approval
- Communications Media Contact Report – 2019 activities
- Events Coordinator Report for 2019
- Chair’s Report of 2019
- Special Election for Secretary and Treasurer
- Amendment to bylaws
- Democrats Abroad Guatemala Events for 2019
- Recognition of significant volunteers and donors
- DPCA Global Convention in Toronto, Ontario, May 15-17, 2020
- Update your FPCA now: upcoming Voter Registration Events
- Other items and recommendations from the floor
Use this link to access the proxy form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZknCtk8PLdRz5Jpb4jnSxVsy10Sj_q7p/view?usp=sharing
Further questions may be directed to John Chudy at: 7832-4581 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, March 21st
John Chudy, Chair