Once again, this is the most important U.S. election of our lives. In 2024, Democracy is at stake—the foundation for all our rights and American Way of Life. Even in Mexico.
- Easier Voting & Deadline Alerts
- Your Vote Matters
- 7 Reasons to Vote
- Your Reasons
- Global Presidential Primary (March 5)
- Your State’s Primaries
Go to VoteFromAbroad.org now to Request Your Ballots and see your Deadlines.
Strongly recommended: Request Your Ballots by February 29, 2024— at the latest.
In fact, this will be too late in some states. So do it "early" and get every 2024 Ballot you're entitled to.
2024 Elections already started in January as shown below:
Yes, you can vote from Mexico…in U.S. primaries and general elections if you are:
- A U.S. citizen—includes “binational” Mexican / U.S. citizens
- Abroad (outside the U.S.)
- Age 18 or older as of Nov. 5, 2024
Other requirements apply for Global Presidential Primary. See below.
Easier Voting & Deadlines
Count on our Voter Support Tools:
- VoteFromAbroad.org online tool—and its advantages: Many voters only need to use this tool to register, request and return their ballot. See several advantages here.
- Personalized Assistance / Voter Education: In-person events, chats, online videos and more.
- Voter Deadline Alerts: Main reason votes are not counted? They don’t arrive in time. Meeting deadlines in some states can be tricky. We can help. See Voter Deadlines here.
We will do everything we can to get your vote counted—including our ongoing Voter Protection Program.
Your Vote Matters
- Putting President Biden over the top in GA—One example: In 2020, our Dems Abroad votes gave him more than enough votes to win. Without our votes, he would have lost GA.
Difference between winning and losing—with races often so close, our votes can decide races. We need you and everyone to vote—especially younger voters. You made the difference in 2022!
WHY TO VOTE
Financial, Personal and Our Other Rights
So many reasons to vote in U.S. Elections. Even if you’re in Mexico.
From Abortion Bans, Book Bans and Voting Suppression to protecting your Social Security and the American Dream for All to respect for everyone, whether they're Hispanic, Black, White, Asian, LGBTQ+, women, men or kids.
See 7 Reasons to Vote in 2024 here.
Whether you're Progressive, Moderate, Independent and more.
Your Reasons to Vote?
U.S. Elections have consequences for you in Mexico. Remember, what happens in the U.S. doesn't stay there.
How dramatically will your financial, job, personal safety, religious / spiritual and other rights change if extremist MAGA Republicans win in 2024? They have plans to destroy Democracy. While Democrats continue to deliver strong solutions and fight for Democracy. The choice is clear.
HOW TO VOTE
A. Strongly recommended: Everyone who is eligible to vote should register every year. While some states may carry over your registration from year to year, many other states will not.
This election is too important to miss. So go to VoteFromAbroad.org no later than this month to register & request your 2024 ballots.
B. In 2024, there are two types of primaries to know about:
1. Dems Abroad Global Presidential Primary (March 5, 2024)
Recommended option! You can cast your ballot in this primary no matter what state you vote from—if you are a DA member, a U.S. citizen and age 18 or older as of Nov. 5, 2024. Watch your email for your ballot. Or attend our San Miguel de Allende in-person primary.
CAUTION! Do not also vote in your State Presidential Primary!
2. Your State’s Primaries—Presidential and "Down Ballot"
- Your state's 2024 elections may include Senate, House and your state's important "down ballot" races for Governor, Secretary of State, Ballot Measures, etc.
- Two different dates. Usually, your state’s presidential vs. down ballot primaries are on different dates. Voter Deadlines here.
- Register, Request, then Return Your Ballot—Go to VoteFromAbroad.org no later than this month get started.
Go to VoteFromAbroad.org this month(!) to Request Your Ballots.
Do it "early" so you get every 2024 Ballot you're entitled to.
2024 Elections started in January!
Questions? Email us here.
Thank you for voting in 2024!
The Time has Come to Talk About How to Vote!
2024 is going to be an important election year! Maybe the most important of our lifetimes!
So how do you vote in United States elections if you are living in San Miguel when the election rolls around?
People ask me “What does Dems Abroad do, anyway?” This is what we do!
We assist anyone and everyone voting from abroad for Democratic candidates, period. We work to make sure your vote counts.
What are some basic things to know about voting from abroad?
- Anyone over 18 who is a U.S. citizen can vote in federal elections.
- Voting from overseas is totally different from voting in the states.
- There is a federal statute requiring a specific form to be filled out.
- Your address for purposes of voting is the last place you lived in the U.S. It doesn’t matter if you never voted from there, if the place no longer exists or if you haven’t been back to the U.S. in many years. You have a voting address and that state is your state for voting purposes. If you are a US citizen but have never lived in the US, you can still vote in most states.
- Overseas voters must register/request a ballot every calendar year. It doesn’t matter if you received a ballot last year or if you voted in the states recently. When January comes around and you are an overseas voter, you must request a ballot anew.
- Every state has its own rules that must be followed by overseas voters, in addition to the federal statute. You can review them at https://www.votefromabroad.org/states/.
There are some specific things to know about voting from abroad that may not be apparent, but Democrats Abroad has this knowledge! This is our mission and we work hard to help you get your ballot, figure out which elections you can vote in and return your ballot. People tell us we are pretty good at it!
Our Big Grand Opening of our “office” is at 11 am, Monday, January 15, International Voter Registration Day at Geek and Coffee.
Our office will be open and staffed with trained volunteers every Monday and Wednesday from 11am to 3pm through April for registration/ballot requests. You can also email us after Jan. 2, 2024 at [email protected] for assistance.
Please, please, please come see us or contact us so we can help you through the process. Do not get frustrated because you don’t have all the answers or aren’t internet savvy or don’t have a printer or whatever. We’ve got this! We want to help you!
Let me just say this again,because I get asked about it. We want to help anyone who is voting for Democrats! It doesn’t matter if you identify as a Democrat, Independent, Libertarian or non political. It doesn’t matter if you have voted Republican in the past or hope to again in the future. If you are going to vote for Democratic candidates in the next elections, we want to make sure your vote counts!
Democrats Abroad Chair San Miguel de Allende Chapter