DA Vancouver Leadership:
At our AGM Sunday, January 24, Democrats Abroad Vancouver elected new leadership for the 2021-2023 board term. We're excited to keep up the momentum of the last four years with such a talented board to lead the way. Please join me in welcoming our new executive committee:What's next?
Democratically yours,Jennifer PhillipsChair, Democrats Abroad Vancouver
- Pixels, Pints & Politics: Sunday, Feb 21 – RSVP Now
- Board of Directors: Transition Conversations + Annual Planning
- Call for Volunteers: If you're interested in spending more time with us, please fill out this Google Form
In December 2020, the Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC) of the Vancouver chapter of Democrats Abroad called for nominations to fill the seven board positions for the 2021-23 term.
The following people have been nominated (or self-nominated), are qualified per our bylaws, and have agreed to stand for election.
As there are no contested positions, there will be no need for written ballots this year.
We believe that this slate of candidates with their experience both within DA and beyond will provide great leadership to the chapter for the upcoming two year term.
Click the link below to meet the candidate slate ...
A speed networking and leadership development workshop
Always wanted to get involved politically but not sure where to start? Democrats Abroad is a global organization with groups all around the world representing and organizing Americans. Learn how you can have an impact!
The Asian American & Pacific Islander Caucus and the Hispanic Caucus invite you to a speed networking and leadership development workshop.
The workshop will:
- Introduce you to the Democrats Abroad organization at its different levels and corresponding leaders,
- Review the wide variety of volunteer roles available and their commitments in terms of time and responsibility,
- Clarify and demystify how any member can run for office within Democrats Abroad.
There will be three online sessions, each 1.5 hours, held at a time that is convenient for each region:
Each session will showcase four different Democrats Abroad Leaders, one for each of the Global, Regional, and Country levels, and one from a country without a Country Chapter from the region, interspersed with breakout rooms where you can engage in speed networking and discussions.
- Country-Committee leader:Quyen Nguyen, Chair, DA Colombia
- Non-Affiliated leader: Asha Subas, Chair, Global Election Committee
- Regional leader: Roz Reymers, Non-Country Committee Coordinator, Americas Region
- Global leader: Julia Bryan, Global DA Chair