DA Vancouver (DA-V) is a chapter of DA Canada, the official country committee for US Democrats living in Canada.
We are helping voters to register, phoning voters, and helping to inform some of the 75,000 Americans in Vancouver and around BC.
In 2016, 23% of Americans living abroad did not vote due to feeling disengaged with the U.S. and their local communities. The world is engaged watching the tragic way COVID has been handled and with the scenes of racial injustice happening on the streets of the U.S. - it is not an acceptable response in 2020 to say you're disengaged!
- If you file your 1040s, FBARs & FATCAs with the IRS but don't exercise your constitutional right to vote, you are agreeing to taxation without representation.
- If you want to put an end to Citizenship Based Taxation, it's going to take your vote to retain the House and secure the Senate.
- If you vote from NY stop presuming your vote isn't needed - how often has the NY State Assembly been controlled by the R's?
- If you wish to see racial & social justice in our communities you must vote as far down-ballot as permissible.
- If all registered Florida voters living in Canada in 2000 had voted, they could've changed the outcome of the election.
Hundreds of American citizen volunteers across Canada are working to educate all eligible U.S. voters on their right to vote and how to get their ballots to vote in every election. That includes Canadians who were born in the U.S. and those born in Canada to an American parent(s), who therefore have the right to vote. Americans living in Canada CAN deliver the difference in close elections.
Go to VoteFromAbroad.org today to register for your ballot.
Past DA-V events include the Women's Marches and March for Our Lives at Jack Poole Plaza, Fourth of July picnics, Thanksgiving dinners, US tax seminars, voter registration events, and pub nights.
Please check our Events page and News page for more information about these events as well as notices of future events.
We also post voter and event information as well as current political news in America on social media. Please follow our Facebook page and SHARE the information!
If you have questions or would like to help with Democrats Abroad in Vancouver, please contact the chapter chair.
Susan Brennan, Chapter Chair
Democrats Abroad - Vancouver
Join Dems Abroad | Register for your ballot VoteFromAbroad.org
Follow us: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter