Get Out the Progressive Vote in Presidential Primaries Now!
To win the presidential election in November and motivate a new generation of voters, we must ensure the Democratic Party platform is the most progressive ever - including Medicare for All, a Green New Deal, eliminating student debt, criminal justice reform, reducing income inequality, and much more! Voters in the remaining primaries will determine whether or not the Sanders campaign has the needed leverage to impact the platform, rules, and other critical decisions made at the Democratic National Convention. To ensure that is the case, Senator Sanders needs 25% of the delegates for maximum influence on the Rules and Bylaws, Platform, and Credential committees, especially for bringing resolutions to the floor of the convention. Right now, Bernie needs 141 more delegates to reach 1,200 and 25%!
What is the current delegate count* (delegate count data accurate as of June 14, 2020. Source: NBC)
- Joe Biden has 2,132 delegates and has secured the nomination.
- Bernie Sanders has 1059 and no longer can secure the nomination.
- Other candidates have received a total 119 delegates.
How many primaries remain and how many delegates remain unassigned?
- 7 contests remain: schedule and results
- 640 delegates remain unassigned.
What can we do?
- Vote for Bernie and the most progressive down-ballot candidates in upcoming primaries.
- Urge voters you know to do the same.
- Phonebank for Bernie and other progressives via Our Revolution and/or volunteer for Once Again, a new political action committee supported by The People for Bernie, Progressive Democrats of America; and others dedicated to progressive wins. (Pro tip: you can use 00000 as your zip code to register with these groups or use your U.S. zip code.)
Let’s ensure the largest possible number of delegates secure the reforms and policies we need to win in November!