Sunday, October 01
AP Small Biz EventRSVP
The Asia Pacific Region of Democrats Abroad is proud to host business owners from around the region in a forum with the chair of the DNC Small Business Council Andrew Lachman. (Democratic National Committee Small Business Council.)
A brief presentation of the DNC Small Business Council, the Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force, and the Democrats Abroad Asia Pacific Region will be given at the event. Business owners from the region will be invited to share their experiences and challenges to the DNC in order to inform Democratic policy positions moving into the 2024 election cycle. Time permitting, there will be time for networking and pitches if the attendees in participation desire.
* About our speaker: Andrew Lachman chairs the DNC Small Business Council. He is an elected DNC member from CA, where he has run his own law firm, Lachman Law, as well as serving as Head of Legal for Contentstack and General Counsel for Mirantis, focusing on business law, data privacy and software licensing. As chair of the DNC Small Business Council, he has advised two presidential campaigns on small business policy matters as well as growing the number of small business caucuses in state parties from 2 to 14. Andrew has also served as Legislative Director to Congressman Ted Lieu and Consultant to the California Legislature's Joint Committee on the Arts. He has been a vice chair of the California Democratic Party's Resolutions and Credentials committees and served on the Finance and Organizing Committees. He resides in Culver City, California where he chairs the Finance Advisory Committee for the city and is on the Equity Advisory Committee for the Culver Unified School District.
- Location: Online WebEx
- Hosted by Democrats Abroad
- Time: October 1st, 2023 - AP times listed below
Tentative Schedule of Events - (This event is expected to last 90min.)
- Doors open - 10 min before event start
- Event Starts - Introductions (5 min)
- DNC Small Business Council Introduction
- Forum Section 1: How can the DNC advocate for you?
- Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force Presentation
- Forum Section 2: How does US tax policy impact you and your business? What
- changes would you like to see?
- Democrats Abroad Asia Pacific Team - How can your small business support the
- Democratic mission?
- Forum Section 3: How can we expand the American community in your area?
- Networking (last 10 min)
- Event ends
* No personal or business information will be shared with a third party. The event will not be recorded.
Time: October 1st, 2023 (AP times) / September 30th, 2023 (US start times)
- 9:00pm (9/30) Los Angeles
- 12:00am Washington, D.C.
- 9:30am Bangalore
- 10:00am Almaty
- 11:00am Bangkok
- 12:00noon Beijing, Hong Kong, Manila, Singapore, Taipei
- 1:00pm Seoul, Tokyo
- 3:00pm Sydney
- 5:00pm Wellington
RSVP to get the Webex link
This event is expected to last about 90min. The Asia Pacific monthly meeting will start 30min after this event.
Please share with anyone you think might be interested.
Sunday, October 01, 2023 at 01:00 PM Tokyo Time
WEBEX ONLINE EVENT - RSVP TO GET THE LINK
Google map and directions