Photo by Rogan Schlassa
Welcome to Democrats Abroad Haiti!
We invite Americans living in Haiti to get involved with DA HT, the country committee in formation for US Democrats living here. Watch this space for upcoming announcements of meetings and events - and if you're interested in putting on an event yourself or helping to get out the vote, please do get in touch with Amber Walsh or Jody Quinnell, RVC for the Americas, who will help you coordinate and promote the activity.
Mark your calendar for the first Democrats Abroad Haiti book club/reading group meeting on Tuesday, March 6, 7:00 pm in Petionville (exact location TBA)!
Get to know fellow members of Democrats Abroad Haiti over conversation about current events and political issues. The theme for our first meeting is U.S. racial politics. Here are the readings:
- James Baldwin, "My Dungeon Shook: Letter to my Nephew on the One Hundredth Anniversary of the Emancipation" from The Fire Next Time, 1963
- Danez Smith, selections from 2017 National Book Award finalist poetry collection Don't Call Us Dead
- Dear White America
- Dinosaurs in the Hood
- Everyday is a Miracle & a Funeral(poem is midway down the page)
- Not an Elegy
- You are dead, America
- Dream where every black person is standing by the ocean
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, "The First White President"
The discussion is open to all- feel free to invite friends! If you have questions or ideas for future Book Club reading, send us a FB message or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you like this page?