We will discuss a range of topics. The location is the home of local members, Robert and Traudel. Contact email@example.com for the exact address in Nonntal, Salzburg.
It’s the final Friday of the month! You made it! Join us and celebrate as we wrap up the month of October with our Final Friday Pub Night at Riedel's Ottensen's. It's a great way to meet other Americans and talk about current events and politics. So come and join us for a drink!
Join Democrats Abroad Berlin for a FUNdraiser for Berlin headquarters for 2020! We’re partnering with Humble Pie and Cookies and Cream to host a pumpkin pie baking workshop on Friday, October 25th at 7:30pm. Not only will you be supporting Democrats Abroad in Berlin, but you’ll also be supporting two local businesses owned by members of Democrats Abroad. Space is limited to 12 spots, so sign up fast!
What we're raising money for
We have set a goal to raise money so we can rent a physical location where volunteers can make phone calls to American voters abroad, and U.S. citizens can get help in-person with requesting absentee ballots in 2020. Phonebanking is a crucial tool in reaching members and making sure they request their ballots. That’s why we want to create a space on a continuous basis where Democrats Abroad members can come together to make these calls. We want to have a space that will be open at least 5 days a week in a central location over a 5-6 month period.
How you can help
To help us achieve our goal, we are organizing a pie workshop! Finding good pie in Germany isn’t easy, so just like you want to take back our democracy, you can now take back your right to good pie. The workshop will be taught by Sarah from Humble Pie, who will show you the basics of making pie dough from scratch and how to get the perfect, flaky pie crust. You’ll learn how to make a pumpkin pie and how to find all the ingredients you need locally (many right at cookies and cream!) and how to make the fillings from scratch (no canned pumpkin needed).
- Two hours of step-by-step, hands-on instruction
- All course materials, equipment and practice dough
- Two pie crusts to take home
- Detailed recipe and tips & tricks cards to take home
- A slice of pie to enjoy at the end of class!
- One beverage of your choice
We are asking for a 55€ donation to participate. 40€ covers the cost of the class and 15€ will go to Democrats Abroad Berlin. This donation will also enter you into the raffle, which includes two prizes donated by Cookies and Cream and Humble Pie.
from Cookies and Cream
Pumpkin Pie Baking Kit - contains soft brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract
retail value 25,80
from Humble Pie
One whole, pre-made Pumpkin Pie
retail value 24,00
**Your participation in the course is secured only after payment is received. Please register on this page and follow the instructions for payment. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org **
Due to limited time and oven space, we are not able to bake a pie for each participant during the course of the class. Participants can order a pie in advance to take home and receive a 20% discount. Please email us to place your whole pie order when you register for the course.
- Pumpkin Pie: 19,20€ (retail value: 24€)
- Apple Pie: 20,80€ (retail value: 26€)
- Pecan Pie: 27,20€ (retail value: 32€)
Eat Drink & Be Scary: Join Democrats Abroad Germany for Halloween Costume Party and 2020 Fundraiser.
Halloween is not as scary as a second Trump term, so please come out and support our fundraiser. All funds raised will go directly to our DAG Get Out The Vote efforts for 2020! We want to reach every voter here in Germany, but only you can help us achieve that goal. Everyone is welcome. Non-American citizens tickets must be purchased by an American.
The party will begin Friday, October 25th at 7:30 pm
- Tickets are €20.20 if paid in advance, €25 at the door.
- Your ticket includes one complimentary beverage and devilishly delicious appetizers (with vegetarian options too), spellbinding music, and great company.
- Best Halloween Costume Contest
- Costumes are optional but more fun.
- Raffle and other games like "Pin the crime on Trump."
We're serving politically, incorrect cocktails for €5
Jekyll and Gin
Additional Drink Options
Soft Drinks €2
If you would like to stay the night for the event evening, these hotels are close to the venue:
- The venue is very convenient to get to from anywhere in Germany or the world.
- The location is at the foot of the Theodor-Heuss-Brücke in Mainz and easily reachable by public transportation
- From the Mainz Hbf, about 15 minutes walk, or 6 minutes by bus to the “Brückenplatz” and then a 5 minutes walk
- From Mainz Kastel Bahnhof, it's a 13-minute walk to the venue.
- The venue is located at the foot of Theodor-Heuss-Bridge in Mainz inside the bridge. On the evening of the party we will put up signs and lighted ballons at the entrance.
The location has inexpensive near-by (200 meters from the venue) public parking at the Parkhaus Rheinufer. Nachttarif (19:00 - 6:00 Uhr) €0.60 / 1/2 hr, max. night rate €3
After you RVSP, you will receive an email with payment information.
- Tickets are €20.20 if paid in advance, €25 at the door.
Please join us over WebEx for a half-day of trainings, presentations, and panel discussions to prepare us to usher in Democrats up and down the ballot in 2020.Our online workshop will be held on Saturday, 26 October, starting at 3:00 AM GMT/8:30 AM IST/16:00 NZDT. Based on feedback from regional leaders, the topics that we will cover include:
The agenda (subject to adjustment) and local times for each session can be found HERE. Feel free to attend all or part of the workshop as it suits your interests and schedule.
- The 2020 Global Presidential Primary
- Volunteer recruitment and training
- GOTV, CallHub, and VoteFromAbroad
- Communications and social media
- Overview of Democrats Abroad Caucuses
- An update from Julia Bryan, International Chair
Please RSVP for the WebEx link and connection information.All members of Democrats Abroad, whether in a leadership role or not and whether based in the Asia Pacific region or not, are welcome to attend any or all parts of this workshop. Please share widely!As with all Democrats Abroad meetings and workshops, there is no required registration fee to participate. However, there are costs to Democrats Abroad for operating and maintaining our resources, including WebEx, which is allowing us to connect across our vast region. Please consider a $5 or $10 contribution to help cover the costs for this workshop by going to the DONATE page on the website and specifying "Regular Donation" from the drop-down menu and "AP workshop" as the dedication. THANK YOU!!
You are invited to attend Democrats Abroad Philippines fourth quarter general meeting on Saturday October 26, 2019 from 3:30-5:30pm at the Elks Club, 7th Floor Corinthian Plaza Building, Paseo de Roxas corner Legaspi Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City.
Come in Halloween costume!
Please find the minutes of the previous July 6, 2019 meeting here, for you to read in advance and approve at the October 26, 2019 meeting.
RSVP by email to email@example.com or call 0917.892.2989. If you have a strong internet connection and would like to join the meeting via Skype, please email us your Skype ID.
Please join us for our 2019 General Membership Meeting.
On the call will be the GBC Caucus Chair, and members of the Steering Committee (our leadership team). This is an opportunity for you to get to know us, and for us to get to know you better. Please bring any questions you may have about the caucus.
The Meeting Agenda is still being finalized.
- Introductions/Overview of caucus
- A word from DA International Chair, Julia Bryan
- Report from DNC member, Adrianne George
- Handling stress in the Trump Era
- Election 2020
- Volunteering in 2020
- Outreach to American organizations abroad
- Special Guest Speaker Deborah Robinson, MBA, Ph.D. Assistant Director, Program for Research on Black Americans (PRBA) for International Projects and Director, #WeGlobal: African Americans Living Abroad Project Institute for Social Research University of Michigan, will join us to tell us about the #WeGlobal Project
Call times in various time zones:
- Vancouver- 5:00
- Washington DC - 8:00
- UK - 13:00
- Berlin - 14:00
- Greece - 15:00
- Thailand - 19:00
- Shanghai- 20:00
- Japan - 21:00
- Australia - 23:00
After you RSVP, you will receive the connection information in an email. Please save this email.
Join the Munich Chapter of Democrats Abroad Germany on Saturday, October 26th from 14:00 to 16:00 as we celebrate the fall season and carve pumpkins together. Pumpkins, carving materials, and good company will be provided! Apple cider, too!
Please RSVP by Wednesday, October 23rd if you would like to participate.
In order to supply materials, we are asking participants for a 15€ donation at the event. Please note that we can only accept donations from U.S. citizens.
You are invited to join the newly forming Zug chapter of Democrats Abroad Switzerland for a Happy Hour to inform you about and help you participate in the Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary 2020.
Join us on
Saturday October 26th
at Gary Soskin's apartment
Bellevueweg 42, Zug
from 4 p.m. till 7 p.m.
Stop by for an informal chance to hear what Dems Abroad Switzerland is working on, to get to know each other, and learn about how you can get involved and be heard this election!
Please RSVP to Amy or Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25th so that we can chill enough beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Use public transportation if possible (bus #11 to the Bellevueweg stop), as parking is difficult to find. If you must come by car, parking is available at the cable car at Schönegg (4 minute walk away).
Information about the Global Presidential Primary can be found here.
Google searches for "impeachment" are skyrocketing as scandals pile up around the White House. Join Solidarity Sundays for a look at the ins and outs of the process to charge, try and remove public officials for misconduct.And if it's not a topic anymore, we'll be celebrating.Find us on Facebook!